AH Says He Will Agree Now

Old 03-04-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH Says He Will Agree Now

He says he will agree to uncontested divorce now. It's been 2 yrs we've been living seperately. Lord knows how many other women and drugs he's had since, or even prior. I could never see myself going back to him.

And now he finally says he would be selfish not to agree to divorce, but he wants it under no grounds. I said I would only divorce him the honest way. He's not gonna cover this one up too. He doesn't want adultery/mental cruelty on his divorce record.

This pain and suffering I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I feel like 8 yrs of my life have been wasted with this man. I'm angry at believing him enough to have had married him. I'm angry I put so much into loving him. I'm angry now that I have to spend so much time recovering from such a JERK.

NH7
Old 03-04-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful, jerk-free life!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I can understand you feeling that that.

However, the courts don't care why.

Do they have uncontested divorces where you are? 2 years would make it easy to file that way.

Keep your pride at bay and proceed with the divorce
Old 03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you just stay consistent with your wishes because right now thats all that counts.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel like 8 yrs of my life have been wasted with this man. I'm angry at believing him enough to have had married him. I'm angry I put so much into loving him. I'm angry now that I have to spend so much time recovering from such a JERK.
You have a lot of anger, anger that’s been building up steadily for the last 2 years. Aren’t you drained from all that anger? You have a healthy way to release it, get the uncontested divorce and be done with him once and for all.

Punishing him now with demanding the divorce record show adultery/mental cruelty is only going to keep you tied to this situation and stuck in revenge and anger.

I know you want validation for what he’s done but you have that, you know what he’s done, do you really need it on a piece of paper?

You lived the truth, wasn’t that enough pain? Let go and end this so you can move on.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know what it feels like to think you have wasted so much energy on someone like this. Let it go! Move on and live for you. You deserve it!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

channel your anger into something positive !!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Don't let your anger bring YOU down. Get the divorce and CELEBRATE!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I started going through my divorce........I wanted to "make him pay". But the time I was 3-4 months into it, I just wanted it over with. I wanted to not have to sign his last name any more, I wanted to be completely rid of him. I actually had people in my life reminding me to not settle for less than I deserved - - ie: 50% of proceeds from sale of house - - because I was so ready to be done with it all that I didn't care about any of that stuff.

When you're really and truly done, the reason on the divorce papers won't matter at all. All that will matter is a judge's signature saying you're free. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am glad for you that this will be over soon. One thing about his being agreeable...please check with your lawyer to see how this may affect child custody or visitation in the future.

I hope you plan some kind of wonderful celebration for when this is over...you deserve a happy reward just for all you have been through.l

Hugs