Notices

Thanks All

Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks All

Hey Folks

Tonight when I lay my weary head on the pillow it will be the end of my 7th sober day and I am quietly chuffed. It hasn't been easy, drinking every night without fail for years I didn't think I could do 1 day let alone 7. Thanks to all the info here and great people I've listened to and met at meetings nether has it been so so hard, I still feel a bit odd in meetings but if they help be stay sober I shall keep going back.

A week ago I had come off the back of a 5 day bender and was on the floor, my boss called me, I was "working" from home it was 10am and I was pissed.

I can't begin to imagine having this licked, it's a long road but in meetings and on here you hear people saying how their life has changed immeasurably, well I’m feeling some of that already after 1 week. I really hope and pray I can keep this going, I don’t want to go back when the honeymoon is over. I haven’t connected with an HP, am working on that, there are still moments when my mind isn’t convinced with step 1 maybe I could drink “normally” ha, I know the answer to that really.

Thanks all, support here has been brilliant.

Xym
Old 03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Please keep going back to those meetings if they help you, I know without a doubt they saved my life and gave me the amazing life I have today in recovery.

Congrats on your first week, I hope you choose to stick with it.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Hey XYM! F*CK YEAH! Congrats mate!

So glad that you are already seeing how your life can turn around without the bottle.

We almost came here simultaneously, i was wondering about you.

Awesome to see you starting this thread! Keep up fighting the good and sober fight!

Old 03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you Alk, glad your still going. I've sobered up enough to spend the days at work and most nights at meetings so my internet use has dropped a little. But try to get back here whenever I can it's a great help
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by xym297 View Post
Good to hear from you Alk, glad your still going. I've sobered up enough to spend the days at work and most nights at meetings so my internet use has dropped a little. But try to get back here whenever I can it's a great help
Awesome Xym, if this is working, the meetings and everything, stick to it and come back with more good news to SR or whenever you feel like it! Post away when you need to be heard, i have found that here and brings me a lot of solace, and i am also a lot of doing with myself of course.

Peace, strength and freedom for the both of us and everyone around here
Old 03-03-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Damn good!!! if you have 7 you have made past the hard part. I'm just a few past a month and feel like I can go forever!! especially with support like SR!