New to this board

Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New to this board

Hi. I'm new to this board but not new to recovery boards. I used to belong to the friends and family of crack addicts and now to the Narcissistic Abuse Recovery board. My xBF is an alcoholic. Former drug user and a Narcissist. Narcissist and any addiction is not a good combo. I just posted on another thread about Narcissism. I've been NC (no contact) for two weeks this time. Lately, I've been much stronger than I have been in the past. Narcissists are VERY hard to handle and can NEVER be cured. The alcohol makes it so much worse. He drinks everyday down at the shop he works at for his friend. Unlike the others that come at the end of the day to have a few beers, he has to have 2 for their every 1. Then, if he has money, he'll come home and have more. Just thinking of him now, with his half closed drunk eyes, trying to tell me he only had 1 or 2 makes me both mad and sad. It hurts so much to see him like that. It rips my heart out. I just couldn't deal with the drinking anymore though. I had to let him go for good. Even if he stops drinking, he will still be an N (narcissist) forever. They are evil people. Check out the stories on the Narcissistic Abuse Recovery board. Saddest thing is I still love him. I wish I didn't.

notwholeyet
Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notwholeyet View Post
Hi. I'm new to this board but not new to recovery boards. I used to belong to the friends and family of crack addicts and now to the Narcissistic Abuse Recovery board. My xBF is an alcoholic. Former drug user and a Narcissist. Narcissist and any addiction is not a good combo. I just posted on another thread about Narcissism. I've been NC (no contact) for two weeks this time. Lately, I've been much stronger than I have been in the past. Narcissists are VERY hard to handle and can NEVER be cured. The alcohol makes it so much worse. He drinks everyday down at the shop he works at for his friend. Unlike the others that come at the end of the day to have a few beers, he has to have 2 for their every 1. Then, if he has money, he'll come home and have more. Just thinking of him now, with his half closed drunk eyes, trying to tell me he only had 1 or 2 makes me both mad and sad. It hurts so much to see him like that. It rips my heart out. I just couldn't deal with the drinking anymore though. I had to let him go for good. Even if he stops drinking, he will still be an N (narcissist) forever. They are evil people. Check out the stories on the Narcissistic Abuse Recovery board. Saddest thing is I still love him. I wish I didn't.

notwholeyet
welcome!!!

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. I hope stick around and keep posting. You will find a while lot of wonderful people.

I hope you continue to find the strength to protect yourself. No contact sounds like the way to go for your own good.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

Welcome to SR.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, notwholeyet. This is a good and wise community and I hope you will stick around and share your recovery efforts with us.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wanted to add my Welcome to all the others..... Good to meet you and looking forward to getting to know you better.