I finally confided in neighbors

Old 02-28-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I finally confided in neighbors

This is going to contain two points, actually. The first being because I was concerned about the safety of the young girl of a neighbor going to the house behind me, I told my neighbors many truths about what actually goes on back there. It is amazing how people mislead. They didn't know my uncles went there, my parents did, my father's business had to go back there for awhile because the man lost his license due to a DUI. I didn't have a chance to speak of that point. The important point was they know my sexually and physically abusive to both children and women uncle was back there, and their little girl shouldn't be there. He's just an old drug and alcohol using old fool, too idiotic to know what is right and what is wrong. Whether he is still active in his ways or not I have no idea- but he likes to look at me and my cousin had to stop him once a few years ago. He had to put his arm over me to protect me and said loudly "No!" at him as he was getting up from the table and coming over. He began to stand, and he's a few inches over 6 feet. I think that was what stopped him. His head remains the same, whether he is active or not. He also abused his ex wife and children. An extreme drug user and alcoholic.

My next one is, I'm a bit concerned about a person I met through some work I do. Let me correct myself. I am not concerned about him, I am concerned about myself! When I first saw him, I felt concern and curiosity, and knew he had many battles within drugs/alcohol/crime to fight. I am a caring person, so I have concerns until I find out what the level of a person's involvement is. Then I am out. Well, the last time I saw him he spoke as always but because there was a deputy present he flat out changed all sorts of supposed facts he had spoken about times before. Because of who he spoke of, the deputy seemed to have become excited and felt as though he had a case to work on, but it has already been dealt with by another body in another State. A man is in prison for decades now. This man can talk all he wants. And of course, what is it all centered around? Drug selling.

I just have to be sure to never go to his room again. He is obsessed with his wife(?)/girlfriend to the point of being jailed for his actions. Healthy personality.

Thanks for reading, whomever has! I needed to vent!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Om my goodness, Angel, you did the right thing in alerting the neighbors. I'm a little confused by your second point, however it does seem that you need to stay away from this person. So please, please be careful.

Sending you hugs,
Chris
Old 02-28-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Angel, you certainly did the right thing alerting neighbors about the "old fool"
with the bad track record!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Again Angel, don't know what happen my post posted without me!! LOL

Anyway, all I have to say is maybe you should change your name to "guardian Angel" and the other point is stay away from the guy who selling/using or whatever he is doing that's illegal, you don't need that in your life.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 02-28-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you both so much for the hugs and support. It means so much. It was difficult to tell the couple about my uncles, mainly the one, but they needed the information in order to keep their girl safe. I have reported activity going on back their to the police but there isn't enough happening for them to do much. They follow them, roam around... but it is winter here so some of the activities which happen here, such as their roaming around my backyard and dropping beer bottles behind them are not happening. It may be over, who knows. I'll find out when Spring comes. They also park in my driveway, which I haven't seen lately, but I don't stare out my windows 24/7 for Heaven's sake! I was advised to set up a camera, but if a family member was to catch me... It's pathetic. This isn't a slum. It's fine. The world has just turned into a different place. Sometimes I don't think I should be a caring person about people who have stepped off the path. I was in town today and a car of the business which employs relatives of the man in jail went by. Of course, I shouldn't assume they all use. But I had just had a nice afternoon and the sudden thought went through my mind. I just need to wish the best for them and stay away. Perhaps when I meet them in my work and they are in the next time, I will have the next person on see them. I'll skip over. How does that sound to you? There is a team of us, so I can do that. I wouldn't have to explain anything, either. All I would have to say is they were busy.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry, I just re-read and saw what may have caused the confusion mentioned. My neighbors DIDN'T know about the sexual and physical abuse and the drug and alcohol use and the PRESENCE of my Uncles until I told them about it. I decided to tell them because they have a relative going back there and I wanted to protect her. The man who lives in the house has the DUI and is an alcoholic, as well. He just doesn't drink too much when they are there.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you did tell your neighbor...good for you!
As far as seeing if someone else can attend to the people you prefer not to associate with, that sounds like a good idea. I know when I started actively working on myself, there were people I found I really didn't want to be around. Relationships changed, but it was all for the better.
There's no shame in being a caring person...just make sure you don't lose yourself in the process and keep taking care of you. Hugs
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Angel:

I don't know maybe it is best to just steer clear of the whole bunch. After all, you really don't want to be friends with his relatives either do you?

As far as the camera is concerned, unless they are involving you in their activities, maybe best just to go about your business.

I say be polite but not overly friendly.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-01-2009, 07:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

No, I certainly do NOT want to be friends with his relatives, and I am not friends with him, either. I only see him where I work when he has to come in. For now on, when I see his name on the list I am going to skip over him and have someone else on the Team see him. It has all become too risky. To be honest with you, I didn't truly want to see him again but he had rented an apartment near my home without selling his home and I wanted to find out why. That is why I went in. I had found the information through the published arrests and further information released in the newspapers. While in jail his house was sold.

I agree about the camera. People have encouraged me to set one up, but I just haven't because I would also be recording innocent people. That would be invasive. I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. It wouldn't be the same as running a security camera focused only upon my own doors or property. People have been doing it in this area, however, because the police dislike working. The reliable Sheriff's office has to order them to work (and do their work for them) and the State Police are on their behinds. Hugs!

Greeteachday- thank you for agreeing with what I did. It wasn't easy. I had to share about myself in order to give the information about him. But the young girl is the most important one, and my neighbors are fighting hard to give her a good life. They are great people! Hugs.