Notices

Please read

Old 02-28-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation Please read

I think that everyone who knows me will accept that, for the most part, I am a patient and fair person.

I LOVE the Newcomers forum. In fact, I am passionate about the Newcomers forum. I am here every day, and I have been here nearly every day for years. I love to see new members helping other new members, and older members offering their personal experience. Some of the newcomers who arrive are raw and in deep pain. Others, who have been here a few days or a week, are thrilled that they are living without alcohol dominating their lives. Still others who have had a few sober days, have fallen again and we rally together to offer support. It is a forum filled with highs and lows, but above all, it is a forum of people who are trying to recover.

There is NO NEED to bash, subtly or openly, anyone else's program. There is no need to post anything negative about someone else's program, in order to promote your own beliefs. In fact, to do so, shows a great LACK of recovery on the part of the poster. Good recovery means feeling comfortable with where you are, and accepting of where other people are.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Amen.

Share experience, strength, and hope...!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In fact, to do so, shows a great LACK of recovery on the part of the poster.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Thank you for the post Anna.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mergirl

The way I see it, I am really new to being sober after a 28 year drinking career, and I can use all of the ideas I can get. And a few of us here have made ourselves the promise that if what we are doing doesn't work, we will try one of the many other paths presented on these forums til something sticks. Thanks for always being here Anna
Old 02-28-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Anna,

I think this is something I really needed to hear this morning! Although I don't feel that my way is the "only way" (as it's got me drunk in the past).... I get a little too passionate when I hear of someone else's situation(s) that seem unfair or bad advice given to them, or what have you. I tend to "react" instead of "respond"... a recent example was Tortoises thread and my words written immediately after reading it.

I will take to heart what you have posted here and work on "me" today with how I can be a better person to others and lend help, love and care instead of negativity towards a situation they may be going through!

Thank you, Anna! For me, I needed to read this so I can be a better member of "our family" here on SR!

:ghug3
Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Thank you, Anna.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

support is the only way!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Thanks Anna,
It is a great reminder of being sensitive on the board and working with eachother in a time of need. Keep up the great work. I always read your posts and I know you are working hard to make this board better all the time. Keep it up girl!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna!!! There have been a few threads lately that made me cringe. My fear is that newcomers may have logged on for the first time and read these threads, and now they are no longer with us.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Thank You, Anna, for being such a wonderful moderator and putting in so much of your time to help all of us here. You are a truly amazing person and have helped so many people, myself included. Big Hugs.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Message received and understood:-)
Old 02-28-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well said
Old 02-28-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Thank you Anna!

I am very passionate about my Recovery and when I see someone continue to run into a brick wall, over and over, JUST LIKE I DID, it is hard to sit back and watch it happen time and time again. When someone asks for help/suggestions, I will answer with what has worked for me.

I may come across, at times, as being rude, but it is not meant to be that way at all. If I didn't care about others and want to offer my ESH, I wouldn't be on SR in the first place.

If I have ever offended anyone, please know it has not been intentional.

Anna, you are an Angel . . . I think on Mother's Day, we all need to send you a card and a hug! lol What a family you so lovingly look over!

Hugs to All,
Judy
Old 02-28-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow!!! Anna that was a true inspiration your post!! :ghug3

I am pretty new hear still and to be quite honest I have NOT spent alot of time on the threads becuz I have found so much rudeness to be quite blunt that I decided I did not want to be any part of that...My goal is to come on hear to HELP others and support them however I can and yet continue to strengthen my own Sobriety in the process.

I expect that God has just sent another of his Angel's down to SR thru you Anna to once again remind us of "What is really important" and that is to "DO unto others as we would have them do UNTO US".

My gratitude for this awesome thread!

Love Pancake =^..^= xo
Old 03-01-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm bringing this thread back up for ALL to READ Please

It is VERY important to each of our success...Thank you again Anna!

Love Pancake =^..^= xo
Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
Wow!!! Anna that was a true inspiration your post!! :ghug3

I am pretty new hear still and to be quite honest I have NOT spent alot of time on the threads becuz I have found so much rudeness to be quite blunt that I decided I did not want to be any part of that...My goal is to come on hear to HELP others and support them however I can and yet continue to strengthen my own Sobriety in the process.

I expect that God has just sent another of his Angel's down to SR thru you Anna to once again remind us of "What is really important" and that is to "DO unto others as we would have them do UNTO US".

My gratitude for this awesome thread!

Love Pancake =^..^= xo

Pancake.... I agree 100% with what you posted! Thank you!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I am glad I found this because although I am not long here I was seriously thinking of popping in a lot less, there is just too much negativity. I owe my life to A.A, and Im almost nervous to share it on some forums here. I try to avoid contraversary, but there seems to be so much of it here. I just dont see why people have to force their will. I find "live and let live" much more appealing. I need to stick with the winners. Thanks for posting this.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, nelco.

I know it stinks right now...but it's not like this all the time. Things have been a little testy lately...hopefully it will calm down soon. What's going on right now is not the SR that I'm used to. I hope you stick around.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I must have missed something. Glad I did.

Hope it wasnt anything I did.

Thanks for this post Anna..You ansd all SR team are greatly appreciated.