Trying to cope...

Old 02-27-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Trying to cope...

First of all, I'd like to say thanks to all that have supported me when my dad was using. you guys all helped me a lot with good advice...he passed on Wednesday, the 25th, from a heroin overdose though... I feel so empty and alone right now.. I can't handle this. I don't know how to cope..I'm just a wreck.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

What? OMG, Jason! I'm so so sorry..

Is anyone with you? Do you have family with you?
Old 02-27-2009, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

No family yet...my mom and sister are coming tomorrow. I'm at my best friend's house right now..god, was that a story..
Old 02-27-2009, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you lost your father and you have my deepest sympathies and prayers.

You cope by going through each moment one at a time. If you want to cry, do it. If you want to yell, do that. If you want to run like the wind, do it too. Do whatever it takes to get you through, without causing injury to yourself or others, or property damage.
If you feel numb that's normal. If you feel like you're about to explode, that's normal too. This is a new kind of effed up normal and it's going to take a while to transition through it.

Can you call your mom? Any other relatives? You need all the f2f emotional support you can get right now, please be sure to ask for it. Keep reaching out.

I'm so sorry
Old 02-27-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I am really glad you have your best friend. Take it one minute at a time if you have too.

Keep posting on here, Keep talking to us as much as you need to.......
Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jason, I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your dad. I'm so so sorry for all you must be going through now.

I hope you have support people with you now. I'm worried about you.

And I'm sending you lots and lots of virtual hugs and support and concern... and wishing I could do something to help.

Lisa
Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

OMG Jason I'm so sorry. I understand the feeling of being lost. I lost my daughter to a heroin overdose...It is just unreal. But it really is one moment at a time and let things unfold. be very gentle with yourself. Talk it out here if that helps...I know it helped me a lot.
I'm glad you are at a friends and that your mom and sister are coming in tomorrow. This is obviously going to be a tough time, but please know we are all here for you.
sending lots and lots of positive thoughts and hope for comfort to you.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I'm just really depressed and a little freaked out, but I won't bother you with the details on why I'm a little freaked out because I know that no one would really want to hear the details on that anyway. I just can't believe he's gone.. I know that I have to be thrown in with my mom and sister now and I feel like a total stranger with them.. My mom abandoned me and now my dad has too. All I got left is my dog and that can never match a human, no matter how messed up they are.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jason, Anything you want to share is what we want to hear... I know that it must be weird feeling that you will have to be with your mom and it's uncomfortable...I don't really "get" how that all went down; i mean I understand the facts but can't quite grasp the outcome. But i haven't walked in your shoes or your mom's. Addiction has taken it's toll on your whole family in so many different ways. Perhaps in some way the one positive that may come out of this in time, is healing for you and your mom and your sister.
I don't want to sound like Pollyanna; I know it's a horrible time that you are going through. I just know, for me, I had to look for the one positive...the one thing I could feel some gratitude for, in order to get through such intense pain. So each day I sought that out. And it helped me with the lonliness and the pain.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jason, I am so very sorry and my prayers go out for you and your family.

Please know that we are here for you to talk to anytime you feel a need, and that you will remain in our thoughts and prayers through the coming days.

May you take some comfort knowing that we understand your pain and are walking with you, holding your hand.

Hugs
Old 02-28-2009, 05:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. Hugs, Marle
Old 02-28-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Jason,

I am SO sorry. I know that there is nothing anyone can say to ease your pain and loneliness right now, but if there is anything we can do to help we are here. If things get to difficult with your mother, remember school will be over in a few short months ..........and the offer to come to Pa is always open. You will truly be in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. ((((hugs))))
Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear about your dad Jason. It's the worst possible outcome, and i am sure you will get through this with time. Just take each moment at a time. I can't possibly imagine what you are going through. We're all here for you.

~Limiya~
Old 02-28-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am so sorry Jason
We are here if you need us
(((Hugs)))
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

*hugs* Jason, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that you and your family will find peace. Much love to you and yours.:praying
Old 02-28-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, Jason. Please keep posting and getting those feelings out, hon. :ghug :ghug
Old 02-28-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Jason, my heart aches for you. Please keep talking and reaching out. You are a very insightful and bright young man. You deserve so much more and to be young and happy. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that we care and are here for you. My prayers and hugs to you.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

oh Jason I am so very sorry for your loss
I know there are no words to comfort you just please know that we are here for you
come here, talk all you want or need about anything......thats why we're all here to support each other.

Praying for you and your family .
Old 02-28-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
"Taking the risk to blossom"

I'm very very sorry to hear about your dad Jason. It's so difficult to lose someone we love, let alone to this horrible disease. Please take care of yourself and let others take care of you if need be. We are all hear to listen and we do truly care what happens. Please keep in touch if you need to.

Laurie
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

Jason,

Im sorry to hear about your loss. I know how much you loved your dad...if you need anything please let me know....

:praying that everything will be ok with you my friend,