no contact at last

Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no contact at last

i'll start with saying that i have started no contact today. the events of the other day have led me to this decision. i cant remember if i posted about it or not. basically she was really restless and doing the face picking thing. i FEEL pretty sure she was on something, that or she is going crazy. with all i have been going through with her, the thing that pushed me over the edge was her saying that she would call me last night and didnt. i will now try to break my addiction to her. no, wait, i will do that.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey Steve,

Good luck with your new boundary. Please let us know how things go! You are on your way to peaceful and bright days ahead.

Hugs, HG
Old 02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks hydro
Old 02-27-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Luck Steve, it is hard to stay away from someone you care about. If you can do it, it will be the best thing for both of you.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Steve, I agree it is hard to stay away from someone you care about, however in the long run IMO this is the best step you can take.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steve137 View Post
i'll start with saying that i have started no contact today. the events of the other day have led me to this decision. i cant remember if i posted about it or not. basically she was really restless and doing the face picking thing. i FEEL pretty sure she was on something, that or she is going crazy. with all i have been going through with her, the thing that pushed me over the edge was her saying that she would call me last night and didnt. i will now try to break my addiction to her. no, wait, i will do that.
Some good advice I ignored, they always come back, so be prepared, and don't forget the facts. You can do it!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"and don't forget the facts"

sometimes that is the hardest thing to do. i can forget about them in a matter of hours.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Watching someone you care about displaying bizarre behavior can be really uncomfortable. That was when I realized that I needed to let my daughter go and trust that God was holding her in His loving arms. I can still remember the horror that I felt though so I know how hard it it. Sending prayers your way that you can find some peace. Hugs, Marle
Old 02-27-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That’s a very healthy step in the right direction. And as anvilhead said take each trigger at a time. Once you get away from the drama/chaos remember sailorjohn’s advice, don’t forget the facts on why she is an ex.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree Steve. They do come back. My XH did - many times - and I was weak each time. And each time it was the same...love and romance for a few days and then back to deep in the sh$T.

I wish someone had told me that - that they come back. Cause in the case of my XH, I would've moved....far away.

Good for you in making that step. Be strong and we are all here if you need us.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This has to be really hard for you. But I pray that this decision that you made will bring YOU peace. Good luck. I really don't know your history so I can't offer any advice. Only prayers!!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you, Steve. I have seen you struggle against admitting to yourself that she is an addict and is currently using. I'm sure it was hard to see her acting like that, but I'm sure that it helped to banish some of the denial you'd been clinging to for so long.

I agree with the "they always come back" theory. One of my girlfriends never erases a guy's number from her phone. I, personally, had always felt a great sense of satisfaction and "moving on" when I deleted a guy out of my phone. But she said to me, much like we're telling you here, that they always call again........and it's always best to know it's them on the caller ID than to get caught off-guard when you answer it. Best advice she ever gave me!! Now I know which calls just need to go straight to voicemail!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you Steve! And like every addiction, looking at it one day at a time makes it possible...Those 24 hours keep adding up and before you know it, you'll have days where you don't even think about it!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I believe it is called the yo - yo period, it is written down in their hand book that they must come back to make our lives more misrable at least 5 or 6 more times before the realize you have had enough............ever think about a restraining order.....weomen take that personally.........good luck
Pamm
Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Stick with your choice steve, you will be glad you did. There is better for you elsewhere.
One day, sometimes minute at a time. It will get easier.