Notices

It can happen so fast

Old 02-26-2009, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It can happen so fast

I've just noticed in some people's posts -as well as my own- on here how one can go from being happy and content to using again in no time flat.
Somewhere along the line we felt ill at ease (or in some cases, waaay too confident) and we were on the verge of a relapse.
Can we all just make a pact that we'll come on here and post right away if we feel like caving in?
Let's win this together!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'll take your pact. It's worked for me so far...
Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good idea
Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaDita View Post
I've just noticed in some people's posts -as well as my own- on here how one can go from being happy and content to using again in no time flat.
Somewhere along the line we felt ill at ease (or in some cases, waaay too confident) and we were on the verge of a relapse.
Can we all just make a pact that we'll come on here and post right away if we feel like caving in?
I think this is a great idea and sounds like a plan. I don't get the way too confident thing, as that's never been my experience. I do get the ill at ease thing. You are on the right path, as you know.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

I vow to come on here and let you good people talk me out of it if I get the urge to drink or use.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Count me in LaDita! We can do this :ghug
Old 02-27-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by LaDita View Post
Good Morning, LaDita!

Cunning, baffling, powerful..... without help it is too much for us!!! That is the nature of the beast with our addictions!

For me.... If I choose to drink... the last thing I want to do is call someone or post, etc. However, I have found lately that I'm playing that last drunk through and I AM picking up the phone before giving in once again! I AM coming here and reading, and sometimes dumping on individual PM's. It does help... connecting to another alkie/addict!

I'm trying to keep my "tool box" full and relevant. This is one of the tools available to me and I do appreciate coming across this last mid-November. I can't say "Yes, I will make a pact to come here first" should there be a "next time", but it's wonderful knowing that I can -- anytime -- and there's always someone here!

LaDita, just for today--stay sober, K? Hugs!

:ghug3
Old 02-27-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Love it..!!!! I'm in. Thanks LD!!