drug test

Old 02-25-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question drug test

ad had to go in for a drug test today for a job she applied to. She was not at all worried about it. In fact she said "at least I don't have to worry about this" So, I suppose she could be clean. She has such mood swings and is so compulsive in her actions. Now the question. She went to a Dr. a few days ago and was diagnosed with a bacterial infection. Severe lower abdomen pain. He gave her an antibiotic. After the drug test she said her test was brown colored. Could she be covering drug use with something? Or am I just very paranoid and proberly will be for a long time.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Katie)) - hard to tell. I will say this...even if I used something that was supposed to make me pass a urine test, I would STILL be worried about it until the test came back.

Sounds to me like she may have a urinary tract infection.

However, who knows? You probably ARE going to be paranoid for a long time. The thing is, you can't do anything about it, either way.

Remember the 3 c's, sweetie..you didn't cause it, can't change it, can't cure it. I have to remind myself it doesn't just work for addiction..it works for situations that bug the heck out of me, too

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-26-2009, 12:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If she has a urinary tract infection, the doc may have given her pyridium to relieve the symptoms until the anitbiotic kicks in. Pyridium will discolor all bodily fluids, including tears, saliva, and especially urine. It usually turns it an orangey-yellow color, but I suppose it's possible that her particular body chemistry and the composition of her urine that day could've made it look brown. Just a thought...........
Old 02-26-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My BF tested his AS twice. The brown stripes go away....when the test is positive. If the control stripe and test stripe are the same = clean. Maybe she is clean and she just has a UTI. I will hope and pray!

Hugs, HG