More grossed out than disappointed

Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More grossed out than disappointed

AH made an appointment with his primary doctor yesterday and said he was going to speak to her about medical detox from alcohol and be honest and really try to get help.

So last night he tells me all about how, in addition to that, he plans to go in there and ask for Adderall (because he has "diagnosed" himself with ADHD) and for oxycodone for his "foot pain."

I'm just disgusted. No doctor is going to take him seriously with his drug-seeking behavior. He acted at first like he was going to throw himself on her mercy and get the help he needs, but now he has a whole laundry list of what he thinks he can get out of her.

He's just gross.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He is doing what addicts do.

Now, what are you going to do to help youself?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think that today is all going to be about the HP.

Between the doctor visit and court today, I believe a lot is going to happen that is out of my control and out of my hands.

I have struggled with the idea of HP in the past, but today I'm really going to make an effort to turn it all over.

After all of the above, I have an Al-Anon meeting tonight at 7:15, and I will take care of myself because I realize my life has become unmanageable.

Also, tonight I will get the decision on whether that lady has agreed to be my sponsor or not. I really hope she does, but again it's out of my hands.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you to let this all go. It's too much to ask yourself to let it all go forever and ever. You've got the strategy now...just try it for today and see how you feels.

Hang in there!

Alice
Old 02-25-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there Glenna and keep checking in with us. We're here to help you on this journey you're on.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't worry too much about it. Doctors aren't stupid. They know drug seeking behavior when they see it.

Last edited by SJLady; 02-25-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: spelling mistake