Notices

awful brain fog

Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

awful brain fog

I'm sure that this topic has probably been discussed in great detail, however I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to lessen/shorten this horrible "brain fog." I never had really bad withdrawal but find that after a few days this awful feeling which reminds me of medicine head is here again, I don't want it to derail me this time. Or is it just time that helps? I know anything is worth not going back to drinking, but it's tough, I'm going to sleep right after work for a few hours, too tired or spaced-out to do anything etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:
Old 02-23-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

time is definitely the best, but i found fruit and water and tea helped a lot. plus i read which made my brain work better :P
Old 02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I love to read too and have been trying (but having a little difficulty concentrating). I will try the fruit, maybe it will help with the wicked craving that I've been having for anything sweet! (never had that before!)
Old 02-23-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found that B vitamins (a B Complex) really helped me. Alcoholics are often deficient in B vitamins.

Exercise also helped a lot. I started walking a lot, and it helped clear my head.

And, yes, time will help.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The only thing that made the 'fog' go away for me was about 10 days. I did take some vitamins....but it still seemed to hang around for 10. Hasn't been around since. That really stunk though...I feel for ya. Hang in there, it gets better.

Peace.