Notices

Anyone around to talk

Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

Exclamation Anyone around to talk

Hello everyone,
I've been here before I think I started coming in June.Anyway a couple of nights ago I was arrested.I was drinking at a bar and the next think I knew my car was wrecked. They said I hit a parked car=0( I'm feeling totally worthless and completely tormented.I'm in quite a bit of trouble as this will be my second DUI.I'm hoping to go to rehab, obviously there is a problem I don't know what to do. Any words would suffice I am Terrified.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Welcome Silent..first of all, please be thankful you are not hurt and no one else is!!!!!!!!! I shudder at the thought of the things I could have done. You are lucky in that respect. You will have alot of crapola coming your way, but you can handle it.....one thing at a time. Try not to be overwhelmed. I know, easy to say when it seems like your world is caving in. Hang out here for awhile, post alot and do some reading. You will come through all this!! I did!!

Hugs.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

SilentEyes I am sorry this happened to you; was anyone injured? I am sure you are terrified being as this is your 2nd. Although I don't condone drinking and driving, I do know that my sister had 3 DUI's in a short period of time and did not have to do jail time. She was put on house arrest for awhile though, and lost her license. When she was allowed to drive again she had a breathalizer installed in her car that wouldn't allow it to start if she had been drinking.
I wish you luck, keep posting, I am more than willing to talk to you.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
broken wings

Thanks I am grateful I didn't kill anybody,and I'm trying to be grateful I didn't kill myself,but I've never been my favorite person. I hope I will try to love myself again
as I never really have before I guess therein lays at least one problem. Thanks again you guys are a great group of people
Old 02-23-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

That will change, you really can love yourself. Once you get past all this crud, once you get on a clear path, you will be amazed at how your life will turn around. My heart goes out to you.........
Old 02-23-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome back,

I am sorry about what happened to you, but hopefully this will be a turning point for you.

I am sure that you feel overwhelmed at the moment, but try to believe that things will work out. We are here to offer support.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I was drinking at a bar and the next think I knew my car was wrecked. They said I hit a parked car=0
Hi silenteyes,

I had the same experience on april 21st 1998 only I hit 2 parked cars. I decided that day i would get help. I went to rehab and continue to go to A.A.
It was my last drink.....you can make it your last drink too. Thank God I did not kill anyone. I too was in a blackout.
You can turn this into a positive , if it means changing for the better. Best wishes x
Old 02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I can identify with not loving yourself. I've been my own worst enemy for years and am trying to just like myself. I'm sorry you've been thru so much trouble but maybe it can lead to the change you need to get your life back on the right track. Keep coming back, read and post, we care about you and want you to succeed.

Welcome back!:ghug3