Notices

Another Newbie

Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Newbie

Hey,

Sooo I am here trying to give this a shot. I have technically been using pills for almost 2 years, although the past 6 months or so it has gotten worse. I have recently been confronted about it by my partner, and as a result I am attempting to get it under control. My chosen poison is prescription meds - started with severe jaw pain and surgery and led to all sorts of different prescriptions that didn't help the pain but took the edge off the emotional stuff in my life. Now the pain is 85% better but my pill use is worse, because I use them now to stave off panic attacks or anxiety. I have a history of self-harm and seem to have replaced that with this (although that's not to say the former is not still sometimes an issue).

Anyhow! Bottom line is, I'm here to give myself a chance to nip this in the bud. Thanks for reading

J
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! I am very new here myself. I've only been on for a few days, but this seems to be a very supportive site. My addiction is also to prescription meds. I'm very new to recovery, but am very encouraged by the people here. I think you are in the right place.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, pineapples. Welcome to SR!