I want to break the cycle

Old 02-21-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to break the cycle

Don't know if this is a good place to post or not, but I would like to share a little of my story. I am very new to this sight. A little about myself....
I am a married mother of 3, new to recovery from presc. medication. One of my boys at 15, I just put in treatment for a marijuana addiction. Only in the past few days do I see such a vicous cycle. My mother is addicted to...alot, my whole life. My grandparents are both alcoholics. My brother is serving time for a drug charge, a long time.
I promised myself I would NEVER be in this situation. Stayed away so long...wish I would have been fully educated on the addiction of medication given to me by a dr I trusted. I feel alone out here, but I know I can't be.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi lifeinchaos,

You are definitely NOT alone. We are right here with you, and we've lived through the same kinds of stresses and pain you're going through.

I'd encourage you to read around the forum a bit, read the posts and get to know us. Reading all of the stories, more than anything, will probably show you that we all have a lot in common. I remember the first time I came here and started reading: I had suffered alone for so long, most of my life not even aware that alcoholism had damaged me so badly. It was a huge relief.

Please also read the sticky posts at the top of the forum. There is a mountain of really good information there that can help you begin to find peace and healing.

Hugs,
GL
Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. This site has been very encouraging so far. I look forward to getting to know people as the recovery of myself, and my family's, progresses.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there, LifeInChaos, and pleased to "meet" you

I love your name, that so describes my life before I got into recovery. I think it's awesome that you were able to overcome the prescription addiction, good for you As GiveLove said, browse around and see what others have written. I'm sure questions will pop up, so just go right ahead and toss 'em out so we can all contribute.

Welcome again.

Mike
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your warm welcome. As far as overcoming....I sure hope so.
Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
Hi there, LifeInChaos, and pleased to "meet" you

I love your name, that so describes my life before I got into recovery. I think it's awesome that you were able to overcome the prescription addiction, good for you As GiveLove said, browse around and see what others have written. I'm sure questions will pop up, so just go right ahead and toss 'em out so we can all contribute.

Welcome again.

Mike
Old 02-22-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AKA 'grewupinabarn'

Welcome to SR, LifeinChaos.
I think you will get a lot of hope, faith, and very helpful information here.