Notices

Its a start

Old 02-21-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its a start

Hello all,
I have been taking oxys for 5 years with the height of my addiction around 150mg a day. I'm currently around 60mg a day. Yesterday was last day. I have tried before with little success. I think 5 days once, but gave in temptation with a help from a freind. I know now I cant be around the same people anymore.
How I have managed to mantain my job is beyond me. I'm scared ******** that I wont be able to do this. If I dont do it this time I'm checking into a clinic or something and will certainly be unemployed when I get out.

Well, thats about it for now. Like I said, Its a start.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Well I'm just a Drunk, so my knowledge on pill addiction is nil. But I can say you have made the right move, and the first step. I hear that consulting a dr is necessary in pill addiction, but unsure. Anyhow good luck, sobriety is awesome I love it and am 3 weeks new to it.
Oh and welcome to SR
Old 02-21-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I believe you've made the right first steps and glad you came here. You'll find a lot of support and encouragement as well as a lot of useful information as you read, post and look around. Once again, welcome!
Wes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Stephen, welcome to SR! Im so glad that youre here. I agree with hardwired you may need to talk to your doctor. I understand about not being able to be around the same people. Just think, when you do this what an example you will be. More importantly obviously is doing it for yourself and begining to care for yourself again. i wish you all the best. There is so much support here, stick around, it helps...:ghug3
Old 02-21-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to SR. I hope you find what you're looking for at SR. A lot of good people are here to help get clean and stay that way. The rest depends on you to keep coming back and seeking that help. Keep writing and posting.

Peace,
Ken