Little update.. and an anecdote (sad story)

Old 02-20-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Little update.. and an anecdote (sad story)

Today a friend told me his uncle is in a hospital. In a comma because of his alcoholism.

He looks 80 but his real age is 55. His family is deciding whether to disconnect him. He had been in rehabs in an out, but was troublesome until no rehab in the area would accept him.

I asked the friend to tell his family about Al Anon. He said they do not want to go. For him, my friend also stopped drinking.

Just wanted to share this with you, because it made me very sad.

Hope you are all hanging in there and doing better day by day.

An update: I was given antidepressants and feel much better. I felt like a failure for needing them, but I could not go on being so miserable. Yesterday my mood affected my job very badly and I realized I need to be OK. I feel more optimistic now. I also spent the whole week working from home, it was a hassle but I pushed for it because I deserve it. So I did not see the ex all this week, and I could rest a little from all the triggers.

I will skydive tomorrow morning. Talk about shock therapy! Losing ALL illusions of control. Hope to come back to Earth a changed woman...

Hugs!!
Sandra
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a shame about your friend's uncle. Thank you for sharing, though. I need to be reminded often that my issues with my ABF's drinking aren't just about what it's doing to our relationship, it's also about what it's doing physically to someone I do care about.

Skydiving!!!??? Are you serious!!!??? You are one brave soul!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and invisioning a giant pillow the size of Texas for you to land on. Be safe.

Let us know how you feel once your back on land. Heehee.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Dreamer))))
:ghug3
Old 02-20-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I will skydive tomorrow morning. Talk about shock therapy! Losing ALL illusions of control. Hope to come back to Earth a changed woman

Please share your experience with us when you return!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you on the skydiving!! I did it about a year and a half ago. It was AWESOME!! If you can, it's totally worth it to pay the extra for a higher altitude. I also had a really awesome instructor that I was tandem with.......and we actually did back flips out of the plane. So much for fun than just jumping........and the video is awesome!!! (plane, earth, plane, earth, plane, earth.........)!! I hope you have a wonderful experience, too!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Yay :)

Hi friends!! THANKS!!

I took a little break on the antidepressants just to be able to feel the experience, it was GREAT. I was the first one that jumped from the group.

I surprised myself, I was calm and confident and actually LOOKED FORWARD to taking the plunge!! I would have NEVER thought I would climb a little jet with enough space for 4 people (like Mickey Mouse as a pilot in the 50s/60s cartoons LOL)

It was liberating to shout my heart out during free fall. Then the parachute opens and its like you are suspended mid air. The view is obviously amazing. 4 minutes and you are back on Earth.. I felt so happy... I cannot believe I did it!!

I just breathed and thought about God and how I am in his hands. My only job was to trust the instructor, HP and take the first step out the jet.. then 1...2...HOLY...!!

Later on I had to work and did a better job. I slept satisifed at 4 AM. Had a great time with my best friend in a little town, only a few hours, then came back home.

It was a great weekend. I feel brand new. Obsessive thoughts back again so I am back on pills and will be for a few months according to my therapist. I do not feel bad about it anymore.

I am so glad I started remembering who I am, what I have done, my good traits. Just wandering around, seeing flowers, colorful houses, smiley people, kids running around, food stalls, artists, museums, gardens, LIFE without addictions and obsessions ... is just great. I am glad I am back to it. I missed it! I just got lost for a while...

HP is great. All the hard work pays and I am enjoying so much starting to rebuild myself as a new wiser person. I am tired of hurting others and hurting myself.

Enough pain already.

Hugs and thank you for your ongoing support!!

Old 02-22-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WOW......I think YOU rock!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks friends for the great support in this thread!

On a sad note:

My friend's uncle died today... yet another victim of alcoholism.
At least he is not suffering anymore

Last edited by TakingCharge999; 03-02-2009 at 02:07 PM.