Notices

Physical pain and Emotional pain.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BKP

Talking Physical pain and Emotional pain.

I got my arm tattoo today- tribal design that goes from the bottom right bicep muscle to the top of my shoulder, I need to get the color done, I got 50% of the color done but it began to bruise So I have to get the rest filled next week. The tattoo artist was talking about drinking and going out with his friends a few nights ago, he was really shocked when i told em I was in recovery he was like "that is something to resist something like drinking". I thought - nah! it isn't that hard when you have support from you awesome people to guide me and others along the way. Anyway the pain at times was hard but nothing like the emotional pain I would continue to suffer if I decided to go back to drinking. I can look at this art on my arm and know i was good, clean and sober during this time and it is a reflection of my sober life. A memory and reminder of where i was and where i am at. Godbless~
Old 02-19-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Good for you, BK!!! What an awesome reminder that "tat" will be -- as you said "You were sober when ya got it done"!!!

Sobriety rocks! I've had it and the insanity of thinking I had control over that 1st drink (once again) brought me back in the bottle! It sucked!

You are doing this thing! You're experiencing "the other side" sober! Good for you!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BKP

Thanks. Keep on moving in the direction of your soul.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

P.S....

I've got only one tat just above my ankle that is a creation made for my son who passed away... Unfortunately, I had several few drinks beforehand! I was scared to death of how the pain might be (not bad drunk). Now it needs re-coloring and I plan on being sober and honoring my son! Sober - Ouch! It'll be worth it!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BKP

Oh man sorry about your son. I posted this for Chance in her post for her loss of her sister. My good friend died 2 summers ago and this was written for him I thought I would share, It is really awesome:

This was written for my friend when he died and i want to share it with you. Death is nothing at all... I have only slipped away into the next room. I am, I and you are you. Whatever we were to eachother, that we are still. Call me by my old familar name, speak to me in the easy way you always used. Put no difference in your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we use to laugh at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effort. Without the ghost of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was, there is absolutely unbroken continunity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near just around the corner....All is well.