Notices

Staying on course

Old 02-19-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying on course

I haven't posted for a awhile and so, out of my own need to stay on course, I feel that I should post something although I had a pretty bad, shaky day today and there's so much to get out but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea anymore.

I'm just letting you know that I'm here. It's been four days since I last drank but the desire to drink is very strong and I almost did today but because I have appointments tomorrow and I didn't want to go to them hung-over, I have put it off until tomorrow night and hope that the desire will be gone by then.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi LaDita,

I'm glad to see you posting but sorry to hear you had a rough day. I'm glad you decided to come here and share a little with us. Good for you for making it through a tough day without reaching for a drink.

Come back tomorrow when your appointments are over. You can do this.

PM me if you want to talk.
*hugs*
Old 02-19-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Glad you are still around LaDita.
Hang in there.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

I was wondering where you've been!!!

I'm glad you're back and feel free to post away... If that's uncomfortable with bringing up things you might now want everyone to know, you can PM me or other people here and get it out!

LaDita, please don't drink tonight.... and although your post reads that tomorrow you've got to be "on" so you won't drink tonight.... it's still slippery! Get stuff out here! I will listen - and others too. You're vital to our family and want you to keep coming to us! When we pull away, even for a few days, and we don't have that support and connection with others like us.... It puts us into a dangerous place to where our addict/alcoholic thinking starts rationalizing and the craving starts the insanity we are so used to before picking up that 1st drink!

I just came back! It's humbling but know that if I don't jump right in from the beginning I will set myself up and lose everything. That's how it has been for me anyways! Hope you stick around tonight, tomorrow, etc..................!!!!!

:ghug3
Old 02-19-2009, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's just that I encounter alot of problems on a daily basis that are directly related to my 'physical disability' (if you would call it that) and the crap I go through from it most people would not be able to relate.
I can't talk about it, because one, it is so rare that many people would probably not understand, and two, by talking about it here would put my anonymity at risk and bring about lots of unwanted attention.

Note: my anonymity is extremely important to me. Unfortunately, when I first signed up on here, I made the mistake of using the same username as an old email account I have - DOH!. Yesterday I googled my user name and a post of mine on here was the fourth search result, so I feel I have to be extremely careful on here from now on, so forgive me if I seem a little paranoid.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Ok, but drinking won't change that or make it any better, either.

:ghug
Old 02-19-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by LaDita View Post
Note: my anonymity is extremely important to me. Unfortunately, when I first signed up on here, I made the mistake of using the same username as an old email account I have - DOH!. Yesterday I googled my user name and a post of mine on here was the fourth search result, so I feel I have to be extremely careful on here from now on, so forgive me if I seem a little paranoid.
OMG. That's scary.

*goes to Google to check for herself*
Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
OMG. That's scary.

*goes to Google to check for herself*
Yes, it is scary. I didn't think posts on this forum would show up on google but I should have known since this is how I found this site in the first place!
(I don't remember what I had googled that landed me to someone's post on here, but that is how I found SR).
Old 02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

That's how I found it, too. Thank you, Google.

(And thank me, for having a fairly unique name and NOT ever associating any screen names with it!)
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes, Google can a blessing and a curse sometimes. I'll have to remember to pick out something more unique and ambiguous as username next time.