Notices

Good day helping...

Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Good day helping...

So, today so far I've had a good day helping my temporary sponsor out around the yard and all. Since he had a good fall this past Saturday while I was helping him and cracked a couple of ribs I've been keeping up with him daily to see how he's doing and all. And for the most part he's doing pretty good, he's a lot like me, will be in pain but won't admit it to anyone and act like everything is okay. So, today went over to his house and got to help him with a lot of his yardwork and all since he's expecting company this weekend. If felt good to get out and do something positive with my time and it's such a beautiful day to be out and about in the yard. And he's trying to see if he can get me a ride to a meeting tonight. *Crosses my fingers* I'm hoping he can because I'd like to go. That would be a great ending to an already good day. And it feels good doing all this sober and not drinking. 15 days sober and I'm already getting 5x more done than I would if I was still drinking. So, something to be happy about. Hope everyone else is having a good day or as decent of a day as you can!
Wes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

I just love ya, Wes!!! You're awesome!

I, too, am so blessed by doing something for another! Tomorrow I will go to the Food Pantry (the biggest in my area) and volunteer my time for a few hours. I do this all the time when I'm sober and have met some incredible people by "showing up for life" and for others!!!

Day, 1, bro! But feel great and encouraged! You're post is so uplifting! Thank you!

:ghug3
Old 02-19-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Yeah, what Nicki said -- I just love ya too Wes! You have such a positive attitude and it's contagious! I think you're wonderful for helping him out, you are so kind. I hope you get a ride to that meeting too, if not we're here buddy
Old 02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Helping out no matter how small really helps with the recovery process.
just last night I led the AA meeting and when the meeting was done I swept and mopped the floor, it's therapeutic. I love to be active in my recovery, and by helping your temp sponsor you are doing just that! I just don't know why he is your temp sponsor, are you planning on leaving him?
Anyways way to go Wes..
Old 02-19-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He's my temp. sponsor until I learn more about him and others to determine who I want to be my permanent sponsor. He told me to attend a few meetings, get to know the people, find out what they did, what they do, and pick a permanent sponsor out based on what and who I feel most comfortable with and that he'd be my temp sponsor until I could make my decision. I guess he wanted to me to make a well rounded and informed decision rather than just jumping at the first person I saw since I'm new to this and recovery. So, I think he's trying to be helpful as possible. Which is a good thing. I'm thinking of asking him. He's a great guy and someone I feel I could trust that would lead me in the right direction to the best of his ability. And you're right, Hardwired, staying active is very theraputic. I love spending my time and energy being able to help out and do some good for someone else. Even if it's as small as giving a shoulder to cry on or an ear to talk to night or day. It's just so nice to help someone out, and a great way to use time wisely and positively. Plus, I love doing for others what I hope they'd do for me.
Wes