I'm getting a little smarter....

Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm getting a little smarter....

I'm seeing through his clouds of BS and quacking, little by little.

I asked AH to keep my son for me on Saturday so I could go to the flea market with my daughter. He suggested we all go together since it was my weekend off, but I told him my mom already asked to go with me. I really saw it as no big deal as I'm usually home by 2 or 3:00. He wanted to go to a local flea market so I suggested I go with my mom on Sat and him on Sun. Again, I saw it as not that much of a big deal.

He immediately got pissy with me, and told me how all he ever does is keep kids and that he thought since it was my weekend off we could do something together.

I ALMOST felt guilty, almost. I remembered how my last weekend off he made a run for the bar at 6:00 in the afternoon to play pool w/ my brother in law which was just a cover.(BIL didn't show up until much later) He then texted me at 11:00 to say he was staying at this friend's house that I don't even know because he was too drunk...he showed up sometime Sunday morning.

So, I almost felt guilty until I realized I have NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING to feel guilty about. I've done nothing wrong. Up until this last year I've always kept the kids while he did whatever he wanted. I scheduled my work and life around me being able to get the kids on and off the bus. He went around doing whatever he wanted.

Saturday I'm going to take my kids with me and my mom to go to the flea market. I'm going to be gone until I'm ready to come home and I'm going to have a good day. I'm not going to leave my son somewhere that he's not wanted. I've always viewed keeping your kids as part of the committment you make when you have them. He makes me feel like it's a pain in the rear, he'll come to regret it at some point in his life when they no longer need him.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow. isn't this the truth!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Saturday I'm going to take my kids with me and my mom to go to the flea market. I'm going to be gone until I'm ready to come home and I'm going to have a good day. I'm not going to leave my son somewhere that he's not wanted.

Have a great day!! Hope you find some neat stuff!!
peace-
b