Myob

Old 02-19-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Myob

I think some of my relatives need to go back to kindergarten and learn this. HE called my UNCLE and told him that I kicked him out of the house and was throwing our marriage away, leaving our children fatherless and about to hop on the slide into poverty. My uncle had the audacity, the unmitigated gall to ask ME what I was thinking. THE GLOVES ARE OFF. I am tired of lying and hiding things. After all, I'm not the one drinking till the wee hours of the morning or playing weekend warrior, ditching family nights, outings, date nights, missing work, sleeping off benders at other people's houses, etc. So then my uncle had the nerve to say BUT YOU'RE MARRIED TO HIM. How can you call yourself a good Christian woman? Blah. Blah. So I said, doesn't the Bible say that it's possible to alienate yourself from God with sin? Well then he's alienated himself from ME with DRINKING. Interfering MAN! Like I just have to sit around and take his dog poop and pretend it's gold bars because I'm married to him?! Yeah, ok. Don't know what world you live in dude but it's not the real one. And to top it off Mr. Married 5 times, isn't this all just a bit hypocritical coming from you?! And this is a new low coming from AH. You're really putting other people in the middle of this? Not smart dude, not smart. Unless the purpose was just to get my goat. In which case it would be brilliant but I'm not gonna take the bait.

/rant.

Last edited by FlwrofFrgttng; 02-19-2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-19-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OMG--that's horrible. I guess we are so good at "covering" for the A that when stuff like this happens people are dumbfounded, but he needs to keep his mouth shut. My favorite saying is "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

You won't even have to say anything to people like this. Without you there to cover for him, he will crash and burn on his own and show his true colors.

Yep, I wouldn't even acknowledge it
Old 02-19-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hang up on people who talk to me like that. I've hung up on my dad more than once when he's thrown toxic crap at me.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yup, hanging up or not answering is a good thing to learn how to do. I don't have to listen to garbage from anyone.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
"Taking the risk to blossom"

I've found that it has become part of my learning curve.......to not listen to the "quacking" of my AH or of people who do not really have my best interest at heart or know what they are talking about.

I agree with everyone above, don't take his calls or listen to the quacking.

my uncle had the nerve to say BUT YOU'RE MARRIED TO HIM.

This reminded me of a quote when I first started coming to SR that really resignated with me. It simply said that "unacceptable behaviours do not become acceptable behaviours because of marriage vows".
Old 02-19-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mr. Married-5-Times! LOL! That's rich! Well, clearly your A knows where to go for support -- someone whose own sh*t is soooo deep he won't dare call your A on his. You gotta admit, it's pretty friggin'amazing how, no matter how far down they go, their ability to manipulate, create drama, and find people sick enough to support them remains amazingly uncanny.....

Sounds like Mr. Married-5-Times and Mr. Poor-Me-Poor-Me-Pour-Me-A-Drink are a perfect match -- perhaps, next time one of them calls, you should suggest they'd be better off talking to each other (right before you hang up) -- you certainly would be!

freya