Thank you

Old 02-18-2009, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Thank you

Hello,
What a wonderful place this SR is, I have felt so much love from you all.
I can never say thank you enough for all the prayers and the comforting words.

I miss him so much, when he would smile at me and his eyes would twinkle, he was looking more and more like our dad as he got older.
I still cant believe it sometimes, I think did this really happen, is he really gone, he is, he really is gone.

I pray for all the people with every addiction, I want help for all of these people and their families, I know we all do. I just wish there was more we could do.

I have been doing allot of reading from my alanon books, one thing I hope all of you can do or maybe you allready do, is be compassionate, I was so hard on him at times, of course I did all the things that we co dependants do. In all my efforts to "save" him, he was only out of prison for 2 months, he had been in for 2 years, 99% was good, I am so thankful for that, I am so glad there were no bad things said between us. Just something to think about.
I know how hard at times it can be, we get so frustrated.

Thats all fo now, I have gone back to read all of your prayers, I thank you all so much, please know how much they helped!!

hugs,
sisofD
Old 02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((SisofD)))

I hope you know, that our prayers will continue for you and your family.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers and good wishes for healing for you and the rest of your family. And lots of hugs.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers to you, your family, and all who are in pain, sadness, and fear tonight.

Hugs, HG
Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

SisofD, I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you can think about that 99% good time you had and thank you for your reminder and your actions as an example of compassion.
When my daughter died, it was during thetime she returned home from rehab and was waiting for a bed at a halfway house. I knew she was struggling but trying very hard and going to outpatient and NA. Fortunately I had enough recovery under my belt that we focused on the time together rather than what she was and wasn't doing. I cherish those memories, especially the flower garden we planted together. I'm so glad that those last memories weren't ones of confrontations and harsh words. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Sis)))

You remain in my prayers every day, and I am so touched by what you posted here. I think it is a good sign of recovery when anger and resentments turn instead into compassion, and your recovery is shining today.

I, too, am glad you had those special moments with him, they will help you remember the person he was beneath the veil of addiction. May his spirit shine in your heart forever.

Hugs
Old 02-19-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SisofD.....Thank you for your post, we do need to remember compassion. I'm trying to turn resentments over right now, and having a hard time with it.

Praying still for you & your family.

Hugs,
Chris