Notices

geez

Old 02-18-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

geez

i drank today? do not know why? i had 26 days sober? i am so sorry let you all down and let myself down! what do i do? i have drank for so many years, it is a lifestyle for me? but the progession, well i cannot even work anymore, nor do i want to!!!!! i do not know what the f=== is wrong with me?
sorry to sound so depressing

jow
Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Good for you getting 26 sober days!

You may have the answer you need in your post. Drinking was a lifestyle for you. So, what you have done besides stopping drinking? What changes have you made in your life?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

What's wrong with you? You're an alcoholic Jowinbo.

But even the most hopeless alcoholic can make a choice to change their lifestyle. I drank 24/7 for several years.

The key is a commitment to change...and not just talk - action.
All else - no matter what programme or method you use - stems from that.

I drank until I has no choice but to change.
Drinking is no longer an option for me because I do not want to die.

Pls don't ride the alkie train til that point Jowinbo - I was lucky - many of us don't manage to get off in time.

Make the choice. Stop today

D
Old 02-18-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

jowinbo,

I know you were in great despair as you posted your thread. I feel for you. But is there nothing positive in those 26 days that can serve as a beacon of hope for you? I mean just the fact that you didn't drink for that long should speak loud and clear to you that you can remain sober. You fell down, it happens. Regain the strength and resolve you had to get back up and continue with the journey you began.

All my hopes,
Ken
Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by jowinbo View Post
i drank today? do not know why? i had 26 days sober? i am so sorry let you all down and let myself down! what do i do? i have drank for so many years, it is a lifestyle for me? but the progession, well i cannot even work anymore, nor do i want to!!!!! i do not know what the f=== is wrong with me?
sorry to sound so depressing

jow
Dear Jow,
No one is here to tell you "you're a loser".... That's what we tell ourselves!!! We run the tapes that we don't know "why"; the guilt over having time then losing it; the progression of this disease; not working or can't handling a responsible job because of the booze. Most importantly here is you saying "I do not know what the "f" is wrong with me?... YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC! and that is why!

You are NOT alone! Everyone here knows what you're going through and what you're feeling right now (at least in some form or another). We've got to not pick up that first drink. and when the obsession hits us (or doesn't) we've GOT to have support in our lives to deal with all this stuff and learn to live sober! We're not going to learn it overnight! IOTT! My prayers and support are going out to you big time.

Glad you're here and keep coming back to us, K??? :ghug3
Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Jow,
26 days is still 26 days. I was never able to string together more than a few waking hours. Now I've got a little more time than that.

Use that 26 days as motivation and a springboard. You proved that yo can stay sober, now try it for the next day... then the next... then the next.

Like Dee said, don't ride that alkie train. This is your stop to get off. The view from here (sobriety) is amazing.

Best wishes and prayers going out,
Mike
Old 02-19-2009, 03:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Many of us had false starts on our way to solid recovery.

Yes! you can quit again ...I so hope you will.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, well done on the 26 days though. Get back on and learn from what led you to drink again, what were the things that bought you back to that moment when you took the first drink. IMO these will either be things that happened to you or things that didn't happen to you and the latter means that you need to work on making changes to your lifestyle or existence to protect your from reaching the point where you take the first drink.

It's not easy and requires work but is so worth it. You only fail when you give up! (obviously i mean giving up giving up!?!)

Last edited by yeahgr8; 02-19-2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-19-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I had six months sober and recently relapsed - twice - but I'm not giving up. My alcohol counselor recommended that I try BioFeedback to learn to control my feelings and deal with stress in a healthy way. Maybe something like that could help you? Or even just getting an appt with an addiction counselor. I trust and depend on mine.

Please start over and don't drink today. Just one day at a time - don't drink today.:ghug3
Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

thank you all

for the helpful suggestions! i feel truly blessed to have people that care about me! i can really relate to nikki and yea........i truly thank you all for the hope!!!!!!!! i will quit whinning now:ghug
Old 02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

and

i can relate to all that posted to me! i guess we all have the same common problem......i just have so very much trouble staying sober? i do have the option of going into a 30 day program? it would embassment me (sorry thinking bout me?) cause i am 59 years old! i should know better by now?
sorry i do not mean to depress anyone....just venting and trying to comptiplate a furture here instead of jails, i institutions or death?

thank you all stay strong!

:praying