Notices

Starting a new day

Old 02-18-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting a new day

Well it's a new day now and I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself? My skin is crawling and I'm of course not at ease drinking this early scares me and going to the store is an embarsement, don't not really what to do today...no job, really no money but can't sit with myself. Dpes anyone have any advice?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you need to do something with your day to stop you from drinking, well here's some thoughts I've found useful.

1) Get on the phone to the AA, or perhaps the Samaritans.
2) Find a local support group, AA or other, and go there.
3) Go to the library and get some helpful literature.
4) Go to the local park and take a walk.

You can do it. Don't sit there fighting the urge to drink, go do something else that uses your time and energy usefully.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bovinePieBear View Post
If you need to do something with your day to stop you from drinking, well here's some thoughts I've found useful.

1) Get on the phone to the AA, or perhaps the Samaritans.
2) Find a local support group, AA or other, and go there.
3) Go to the library and get some helpful literature.
4) Go to the local park and take a walk.

You can do it. Don't sit there fighting the urge to drink, go do something else that uses your time and energy usefully.
:praying
Old 02-18-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey - I almost forgot, you can also spend all your spare waking hours reading and posting here on SR.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

make a call get help, if you feel you you cannot stop drinking but want to, then call A.A even just to talk on the phone.....dont isolate....Have something with sugar in it.. If your physically sick call or visit the the doctor. put out your hand..take an action.. ask for help.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sugar sounds like a good idea, just trying to get it together....
Old 02-18-2009, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

charisma
just trying to get it together
get on the high board, and Dive In!

action, not intentions...

good wishes!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

I think you should have a drink.....

....of water. Seriously, do something with your hands that simulates the action but doens't actually cause you to drink the booze.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

lol, I was getting motivated for a minute... I know the water will help but I'm trying to fight the feeling out of my system. The demons are calling me...........
Old 02-18-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

And the demons will call you...turn your back on them and busy yourself with something.....you can come help me clean! LOL...I will make you some tea.

Seriously, walk somewhere, watch something funny on tv.....phone a friend.......post here, but take care of you, have a snack......lots of fluids. You can do this and we are here to help!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Do anything but drink, the power IS in your hands here. Sugar, water, food, rest, books, movies, friends, whatever it is.. just dont' drink, imagine how much better you'll feel tomorrow!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Mister, if u weren't so far I just might do that, doesn't sound bad. The fresh air is needed for some reason the house makes me depressed, or I just make myself...I don't know! Where are the happy pills (lol)
Old 02-18-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's what I keep telling myself, but the urge doesn't seem to leave. I don't want to seem weak but it's calling me and my patience and anxiety is not on a leval to actualy sit down and watch a movie...I wouldn't last at this point.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Then get your sneakers on and cruise!! Another idea is to write all your feelings down......grab a pen and pad and just start writing about everything..........all you are feeling.......all of it........sometimes unloading the soul can help.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If you have nothing better to do than stay here. Don't neglect your kids of course if they need you for something. But just stay here for as long as it takes. There is nothing negative about sitting and being a part of SR. It's good for you in my opinion. Good for all of us. So get some tea or coffee or a diet soda and just sit and read about other people's stories and stuff. This place will help you get through these rough beginnings and soon enough you'll have some time between you and your demons. In time as you learn more about yourself and alcoholism you will smash those demons and they will never return. So please do yourself a favor and leave the slippers and bathrobe on and just spend some Q-time on SR.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Charisma,

I'm glad to see you here this morning.

It will take time before the uncomfortable feelings leave you, so try to be patient with yourself. Keep reading and posting.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you and you are so right! The clothes make a difference. I thought I was going out my mind at first, but once the heels got on and the rest of the cover up I'm out the door. I relate things with the other out of natural inticts I guess....
Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks to all and Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm glad you seem to have gotten past your rough morning. I am just starting this sober thing (again) myself and I have made myself a whole list of things to do today instead of drinking. There's a part of me saying "oh, what fun is that...it would be better with beer", but I'm ignoring that. I'm headed to the store to stock up on soda and I have nalgene bottles full of water chillin' in the fridge.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

When I very first when crawling and shaking to my therapist, days sober, he asked me something that kinda stuck. "What would you do if alcohol simply vanished from existence? You would be forced to create new coping strategies, methods of entertainment, sources of confidence..make a list of these things".. AND DO THEM