Notices

Please pray...

Old 02-16-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please pray...

...and/or positive thoughts, whatever you do for me over the next couple of days. I shouldn't be worrying about tomorrow today, but sometimes can be very difficult. Tomorrow is 2009FEB17 which is 5 year anniversary of my father's passing away. It just has me a little down so I'm trying to stay on here to help keep occupied as best as I can. I've been bawling so much off and on so bad that a 2 month old would tell me to grow up and be a man. I know I just miss my father so much. I just need to try to keep in mind that he's in a better place and is no longer suffering the way he was shortly before he passed. But, any prayers, positive thoughts, whatever it is you do would be appreciated. One thing I know for sure, I WILL NOT drink for today, I WILL stay as strong as I can with the good help of all you wonderful people here at SR. Thank you all so much for listening and the support and encouragement over these 12 days of my sobriety. I'm blessed to be part of the SR community. Hope you all have a blessed and good day.
Wes
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wes,

I believe that your father is with you, in spirit, and that he knows how well you're doing.

Stay close to SR and you'll get through this.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Positive and thoughts and prayers being sent your way Wes :praying
Old 02-16-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Wes, my dad is no longer with me. He has been gone 21 years but I miss him still, but like Anna, I too, believe he is with me in spirit....
mourning is so personal, there is no time frame; allow the tears to flow freely...and celebrate your dad's life....
sending you hugs and prayers of strength and serenity...
Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm praying for us........
Old 02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

Sending positive vibes your way Wes.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wes, I lost my father 17 years ago on Feb. 9. I still cry like a baby on that day each year, there is nothing wrong with that.
I think men who can cry are stronger than those who can't or won't.

I too believe your dad is with you in spirit and proud of you for being sober...
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
IO Storm

You are added to my list...definitely.

And I'll bet your father is proud of you today.

I miss mine too..

Hugs.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Wes,

You are doing such a good job in recovery. Early recovery is a time of high emotions, for many people. It was for me. Feeling all those emotions was scary. I'm glad you came here to share and that you are recommitting yourself to your recovery.

Some people start off with sobriety and don't get to the recovery part for a while. That's how I did it. It took me several months to make the leap from NOT DRINKING to making room for TRUE RECOVERY. I am so impressed with you because from the first post I read of yours, you were opening your heart to recovery.

Your dad must be proud. Imagine how proud he must be right now. I have no doubt that he is with you. Let yourself cry and be present to all that you're going through right now. There is nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's healthy. Imagine yourself as part of your emotions rather than seeing the emotions as "happening" to you. They're part of you and they won't hurt you. They're there for a reason. They're part of healing.

You are doing a wonderful job. I'm sorry that your father passed away. I wonder if you think about how much of you came directly from him? And how, even as he is beside you in spirit, he is actually with you in body? I know that doesn't replace his presence in your life. But I had a strong experience once, of deeply appreciating someone in my past. And when I immersed myself in that experience of appreciation, I ceased to mourn them. It was so powerful.

Anyway, my prayers are with you.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

:praying and :ghug3 for you Wes!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

((((Wes)))) It's o.k. to be sad. Grief takes time -- please be patient with yourself. We're here for you friend
Old 02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 02-16-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wes, your father is indeed with you, and always will be.

He helps you form your choices and decisions. He helps you show love and kindness. He gives you strength when you need it and how to give compassion for others when needed.

You are the sum of your Father and he walks beside you and in you for eternity.

I know my Father helped me type this....he passed almost 5 years ago.

God bless Wes......
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support and for the positive thoughts and words that I need to keep in mind between now and tomorrow. It's very helpful and comforting to look at it the way you all have mentioned. Thank you so much for the support and everything. It is so appreciated and I am so thankful to be here and part of the SR family.
Wes
Old 02-17-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Wes,

I'll be praying for you... I understand, really! I lost my little boy a few years ago and his 8th birthday would be on Feb 26. His birthday and death-day have been so hard for me. I understand your pain and also your need for positive thoughts and prayers! Please keep posting and reaching out to us cuz we're here for you. We all need eachother! xoxox

:ghug:praying