Notices

More than blessed and so thankful...

Old 02-15-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile More than blessed and so thankful...

My family and I have definitely been blessed today. I am so thankful for such a blessing. We have been struggling to keep enough food in the house for 3 people for the past few weeks. And today, a church group was so kind and generous to pop up when we needed help the most with two huge bags of food that will definitely be a big help. I am so grateful for this and so happy that there was a group out there willing to help out those in need. I can mark one thing off my list of worries now and make it that much shorter. Today is definitely a blessing. So that and the blessing of being sober has made this a great Sunday thus far and I am so happy and grateful beyond belief. Thanks all for letting me share. And most of all thanks for letting me be part of the SR family. You guys are great!
Wes
Old 02-15-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

It is great to see you have a caring and sharing group at your church Wes. You truly are blessed. It is great when you are feeling overwhelmed that such nice people have come to your aid.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's wonderful Wes!

It's a difficult time for many people, and it's great that the church is helping people in such a practical way.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

That is great Wes. You deserve a little help with life right now.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats great Wes, its amazing to have good people around you & your HP watching over you.

Keep posting your story, its inspiring to read.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

wes...........that has warmed my heart today......what a lovely share.

And how blessed you are my friend..........

And one less worry today............god bless you...trucker
Old 02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I just love reading threads from you Wes. You're attitude and outlook is so refreshing. It's very easy early in Recovery to blame others or to give up because things aren't falling into place as fast as we would like them to.

I have a self made if you will, philosophy that I like to live by. If worrying will change it, go ahead and worry. If not, give it to God. I like to invision it this way, I don't think God has a scorecard so to speak, keeping track of how long we worry about a particular situation. Your grocery situation for example. It's not like God has that scorecard saying that if Wes worries about getting groceries for 6 days straight, a minimum of 3 hours each day, I will make sure groceries suddenly appear. If not, no groceries. I know that sounds extreme, but the way I worried about everything, I needed something extreme to get my head in the right place.

Also, what plans are you putting into place to make sure that your groceries don't get in this type of state again. I apologize, but I don't remember if you are working or not at this time.

Also, I hope once your finances are in a better place, I hope that you will give back and help someone else. Sure, I always buy a few perishables to put in the barrels at the grocery stores around the Holidays and I drop money in the Salvation Army Kettles. But I also try to do something else to hopefully brighten someone's day. When my 2nd husband & I split up, there were a few incidents involving domestic violence. I got help from an agency here in Dayton called the Artimis House that helps victims of DV and their children. Each year before Mother's Day, I put together a goodie box to take there. I put in things that I feel a woman needs when her and her kids are going through such situations, but not the ordinary things. For me, up until I was no longer able to get in and out of a bathtub for a hot bubble bath, they were my escape. I get some of the Mr. Bubble for the kids and some of those soap crayons. I also get some wonderful, soothing smelling bubbles for the Mom. I also get a few scented candles, scented body lotion, shower gels, ect. I can go to the dollar store and spend $10 that hopefully will give someone some escape time from their chaotic lives.

Sorry to go off the original subject, just wanted to share this with you and everyone else who gets so much out of your meaningful threads.

Keep the wonderful attitude Wes,
Judy
Old 02-15-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

great story Wes,there are a lot of good people in this world.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wes...
Thanks for sharing your blessing with us.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wonderful and hopeful story Wes - thank you for telling it to all of us.. Sounds like lots of goodness - from your sobriety, your faith-based community, your family. Much joy.