Notices

Alcohol, as the way it is for me

Old 02-14-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol, as the way it is for me

The moment I take a sip, I cannot stop. I want to be part of the party, I want to BE the party. Once I take that sip, lo and behold, I am being carried out and shoved into a cab withthe same kind of urgency as a paramedic and I do not remember of it. I wake up, clothed or unclothed, my memory is distorted; I went to the bar, talked to a cute guy for awhile, don't remember my bar tab and then...

This is the way it is. This is the way it is for alot of women.
Whether or not alcohol is to blame, whether it's our inherent alcoholism to chalk up to, there is a definite solution to this problem which I have found on SR by reading and posting.
Noone knows another alcoholic like another alcoholic.

Thank you SR, you have NO idea.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Once again LaDita we are here for you. I for one am not going to bed for a while, so if you need to keep posting, please go right ahead. Just stop drinking and dont go to the bar.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Ladita good point!

I think as soon as you finally get rid of that very last thought that you may be able to control drinking at all, in any capacity other than total abstinance dealing with cravings etc becomes a lot easier and the obsession starts to life.

I'm so pleased that the days are over where i would kid myself thinking i could control it this time or next time and i know if i have one i will drink until i have had my fill, no more x drinks tonight, going out later, switching to a certain type of alcoholic beverage, drinking only expensive wine, sticking to beer, only drinking out of the house, only drinking with my gf, only drinking in the house, drinking at weekends, no drinking if a day of work follows etcetc jeez it's enough to drive anyone mad! No wonder we end up twicthing and jumping at a change in wind lol

Good to have you hear and i was really sad to read your post in the womans recovery, i didn't want to intrude and PM you or comment in the area for women only so i am glad you are back to posting again here have a virtual chocolate with me!
Old 02-15-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

This is the way it is for alot of women.

And other people too - like me.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I also turned into someone I did not recognize, when I was drinking.

It's very scary to think about, and I am so glad things are different now.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Every single idea that i could drink with ANY element of control had to be smashed....

And boy did i waste time...........trying to drink with any control.

I changed.......drinks.....days i drank.....bars......drinking buddys......

Doctors(because he thought i had a drinking problem)......partners.

I even change country's for a while....spain....germany....italy........

And guess what..... i still drank like an alcoholic...

I lived on the streets for a couple of years......and after getting sober for a few months STILL thought ....."just maybe a quick look"

I cant drink like normal drinkers..period.....

So if anyone of you thinks about going for "one" today....

Dont bother.....ive done the research for you.........and its just the same.

Jails... institutions and.. death....thats all that left for me..........trucker
Old 02-15-2009, 11:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I did not like me when I was drinking either.I looked into the mirror many mornings and was disgusted with the "thing" looking back at me.Over and over again I did the same old thing.Nothing got better,it only got worst.
There was one constant thing that appeared good I noticed,most of the times the thought of the first drink looked good.I felt bad,it looked good,and it made me more thirsty than I was.That was the worst thing I could have done,but it looked so good at the time.I now see that thought was the most insane thing I could have done.Take the first drink....and set that cycle in motion...do crazy insane thing just because of the first drink that got it started
I`m gratefull for the ability to stay away from that first drink...today
Old 02-15-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. It seems you also have drank alone, as you did last night. That I can relate to. I've always steered clear of parties as I feel the need to constantly be in control of myself around others, like a botox shot to the brain.

Some alkies are partyers, some are closet drinkers, it doesnt matter the problem is still the booze.

:ghug3