Notices

A great day gets better :)

Old 02-14-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile A great day gets better :)

So, all and all it has been a great day that just couldn't stop getting better. As a few people may already know, started my day out with me going to an early AA meeting this morning then over to my temp. sponsors house to help him out. And he had a good fall from a tree while cutting a branch down.

Well, he gave me a call back when he got back home from getting checked out. A majority of the damage was scrapes and bruises. He did crack a couple of ribs, and will be laid out for a couple weeks. But, he sounded good when I talked to him, not complaining one bit. He seemed quite grateful I was there when it happened and was able to help him out. I'm quite grateful myself. I wouldn't want something like that to happen to anyone and them have no one to help. So I am happy I could be of some help to him before his wife got there. And by the grace of God he made it through almost untouched and is in great spirits for what he's been through. All I can do is thank God I was there to help and it didn't happen to him while he was alone. So I'll definitely be praying for him over the next couple weeks and be trying to keep in touch with him to make sure he's doing okay.

And after finding out he was okay, the family and I were invited to other friends house for dinner and all this evening. That turned out really great and nice. So all in all it started out as a great day with some minor troubles and kept getting better. Good AA meeting, helped a friend out when he definitely needed it, and free dinner. And to top it off, 10 days sober. The only thing that could make the day better is if my friend/temp sponsor was never hurt. But, it turned out to be great even with the minor troubles. So I do have a lot to be thankful for. Thank you all for letting me share. Thank you all, as well, for letting me part of the SR family and community.
Wes

Happy Valentine's Day to all!
Old 02-14-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Oh Wes that was quite a story! I'm so glad everything worked out and you had a good day. I hope that poor fella is feeling better soon.

Happy Valentines day to you too
Old 02-14-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Wes, I truly want to thank you for the positive posts you have been adding since you joined SR. It brings a breath of fresh air into my life when I see you have posted. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope he feels better soon, too, prettypoison. I'm going to try and make an effort at least every other day to walk up to his house to see if I can do anything around there for him to help him out the best I can while he's trying to recover from this.
Wes
Old 02-14-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by CoF1984 View Post
I hope he feels better soon, too, prettypoison. I'm going to try and make an effort at least every other day to walk up to his house to see if I can do anything around there for him to help him out the best I can while he's trying to recover from this.
Wes
That is very kind and generous of you, I'm sure he'll appeciate that Wes
Old 02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

CoF, your posts are always so bright... (at least that's how it appears to me because I haven't been here long)...

Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope so. I'd like to try and be as helpful as possible. He's already helped me out a whole lot and haven't known him a whole week yet. He's a great guy and definitely deserves it.
Wes