Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Old 02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Well I was going to go out and buy myself some flowers but I have a cold and instead I went out and bought some broth to make homemade soup. Isn't life just wonderful and despite the fact that I am single and alone on this day of love, I feel great.

My son just called me and told me he has an interview to do work with our upcoming Olympic Games. Nice! He makes me proud as all my children do. They work so hard and are amazing people and I feel so thankful to know I had a hand in raising them, to be just the way they are.

Today I will not allow someones drug addiction and frailties to hurt me.Today I will rejoice in the fact that now there is a future without someones problems who will overshadow my life. Today I will allow others to be who they need to be, without my concern or consent. Today is a gift, and I will open it and feel blessed!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Hugs!

Jan
Old 02-14-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For the most part, I don't like this "holiday" - feel like it's made up for $ in so many ways, but it does serve a purpose sometimes.

Sometimes it's a reason to reconnect when life has gotten too busy, a time to stop and reflect on their loved-ones and appreciate them, a time to stop and give ourselves what we need - love, understanding and kindness!

Happy Valentines to you too and everyone here - may today remind you of the love you have your lives!

Old 02-14-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder Jan. I too am home alone with a cold! BUT, I feel content as well. Soup, a blanket and a warm dog to snuggle with .... life is good.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Happy V Day to you all

Kevin
Old 02-14-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My husband and I had plans to go to dinner until his back flared up. We're not really into this day either but figured we'd use it for an excuse to go out; instead he's floating around in the jacuzzi. My son told his GF to take a hike because she's blown him off for two weeks, until today for some reason, hmmm. My daughter is the one who decided to seize the occasion to do something special for all of us:

It took her six hours to make those cupcakes. She used three different kinds of chocolate, had double boilers going, cake mix from scratch, and pastry bags everywhere. There are also a few homemade truffles on top of the cupcakes! I don't think I've seen her this happy and content in a couple of years. We're all probably going to OD on chocolate but I can think of worse things
Old 02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NAP

I went out and bought chocolates & flowers and invited a couple of other single girls around my place for a pot-luck! One had wine and me & the other had sparkling juice and we listened to good music & lit the candles & had a great time! I'm glad I embraced this day instead of moping or (like last year) getting totally trashed and drowning my sorrows ;-)
Old 02-14-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)