AH has been gone 1 week now

Old 02-14-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH has been gone 1 week now

This is the longest I've been away from him in 4 years and it feels great! Yes I'm having my moments of self doubt and second guessing but it passes. Yes he has been harassing me and balling like a baby and trying /saying anything to get his butt back in this house. I'm proud of myself....I'm holding my own and not letting him talk me in to anything. I took my kids to see a movie last night and of course he's crying asking if he can come with us (he never did stuff with us). I turned off my cell phone and enjoyed a great night my kids. Things are slowly looking up!

Courtney

Tough times don't last.....but tough people do
Old 02-14-2009, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congratulations! Sounds like progress is being made and that you and your children had a great evening! Best of luck as you keep moving forward!

HG
Old 02-14-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! I'm one of those who is slowly saving money to get away. It's also so hard it seems to break out!!!

So I'm really looking up to you today!!! It's you and others like you that show the rest of us that the sky isn't going to fall!!! I also envy you a bit. I left my first addict about 16 years ago and I still remember how it felt like the weight of the world was lifted off me knowing he was really gone!

The best is yet to come!!!