Notices

Reachin Out - In a lot of Pain Today

Old 02-13-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reachin Out - In a lot of Pain Today

Hello Everyone - I introduced myself a few days ago and I wanted to reach out again I brought my baby girl Lacy (16) to rehab on Weds and Ive been clean and sober for only five days. I haven't had a drink since Christmas ( that relapse landed me in the crack house so was scared to drink) but gave up my weed when I my daughter got arrested for a Probation Violation. She went on Friday and I smoked my last joint on Sunday.
Im in so much pain without my daughter here. This house is so big and empty thank God for my animals or I think I would die. I want to talk to her so bad but the treatment center says I have to wait until Monday because she needs time to adjust. I finally had to close the door to her room because every time I walk by I just want to cry. And I just go my tax refund in and we had planned to go shopping or take a trip or something and now I have to use it to pay the treatment center. And I know she is in pain as it is her and her boyfriends two year anniversary tomorrow and I wonder who is gonna hold her as she is crying or will she hold it all in because she is around strangers. Im just hurting so bad!!
I have to go to work and I don't know how Im gonna do it today.
Im on ***** as serinty if anyone is online after 8:30 PST

kisses
Tina D
Old 02-13-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you ladesignz.....virtual hug inserted here...

Pray peace for you today...
Old 02-13-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by ladesignz View Post
Im in so much pain without my daughter here.
((((Ladesignz)))) My heart goes out to you. I understand you are in a very difficult situation. As a mom I know how much you ache for contact with your daughter. Staying sober is the best thing you can do for both of you right now. Please know that we are here for you
Old 02-13-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there..........this could and im sure will....be the beginning of true freedom for both of you..

god be with you both.................trucker
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you have to go through such a rough patch, but we're all here for all the support you want and need. It's good that you're trying to get clean, too. Hopefully her seeing that will encourage her after she gets out and she'll stay strong with you. Keep coming here for support and encouragement all you want or need to. Much praying will be done for you and your daughter.
Wes

:praying
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

things will get better. you know have one more person carrying your problems in their heart and praying for a good outcome for you and your daughter. i hope my kids can steer clear of drugs and alcohol.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((((ladesignz))))))
Old 02-13-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tina,

Try to believe that your daughter is in the best place possible for her, at this moment.

Of course, you had other plans for the money, but hopefully this treatment will give your daughter a chance to live a sober life.

Can you do something to distract yourself, even for a few minutes?
Old 02-13-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am sorry you are in such a miserable state of mind. :ghug3 I will be praying for you and your daughter to get thru this safely and happily.

:ghug3
Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

just a quick update - Just talked to Lacy's counselor. He said she was doing great - being very open and honest. Sharing in group and giving feedback. And he told me she was so polite and refreshing with her Southern Hospitality LOL and that she Really loves me! I feel much better - Hugs
Tina
Old 02-13-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

thinking of you both

my heart goes out to you both! hopefully this will be a "good" thing for you both, hang in there and keep coming back here, where people love you! :praying
Old 02-14-2009, 05:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

ladesignz,

Life free from the bondage of addiction is truly worth the struggle you face each day. Pain leaves and joy returns; while it does take consistent action, you can do it. The dreams are not gone, they were simply on hold; now you can live free. Best to you and yours.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that your daughter is doing well. As much as you want to be with her sometimes you need to be apart for a while to be together.

When I feel lonely I find a good movie & a cup of something hot (tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc.) is a great helper.

A hot bath is also great to relax & forget, Dont forget the epsom salt ;-)

Take care
Old 02-14-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Although you may not truly believe this now, in order for you and your daughter to each be able to get a solid foundation in your Recovery, you have to do this seperately. I know it's so hard to be away from the one's we love, especially our kids. As a Mother, we have been taught to protect our kids, at all costs.

Look at this as a way of protecting her from any future pain. I began using when I was 11 and wasn't able to get a complete grasp and understanding of this disease until I went through 32 years of pain due to my disease of addiction.

You spoke of plans of spending your income tax on her, be it a vacation, clothes, gifts, ect. What better gift can you give her than a second chance at life?! You gave birth to her, now, you are able to give her the life that she deserves.

I agree, keep busy! You can plan a vacation for next year's income tax refund. This can be another gift that you can give not only your daughter but yourself as well . . . a reward for changing your lives for the better.

Finally, there are many people on here who have lost their children or other family members to the disease of addiction. I lost my little sister in '91. You have an opportunity that many of us will never have again. You will see your beautiful baby girl again and like her counselor has told you, she is already working on getting herself better.

Now, work on Mom getting better.

Please keep us updated, we do care!

Big Hug,
Judy