Notices

Pink Cloud anyone?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Pink Cloud anyone?

I hope I'm not in one. Sober 14 days, and I feel exactly like I'm on a pink cloud. I didn't even know the expression until someone at the meeting said thats what I'm on. Let me google that for you

This is exactly how I feel. I hope it doesn't end.
Any advice or personal experience with this would be appreciated.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hate being a killjoy LOL.

I wish for your sake pink clouds lasted but they never do. Life's not always rosy, and the realities of life will sooner or later intrude upon you.

If they didn't, everyone here would be walking around awash in pinky goodness.

but as long as you're prepared for the normal ups and downs of life ahead, as long as you remember the struggles not over - it's only just begun...and as long as you're working hard on your recovery?

enjoy your pink cloud!

D
Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Everything comes to an end but that doesn't mean it can't come back occasionally or change into another pink-cloud-like form, if you know what I mean.

I am 40+ days sober and the first 3 weeks I was on the most fantastic pink cloud, after that I had a bout of depression (which I always get in cycles anyway) and now I just feel.....fine. LOL
It isn't as good as the pink cloud was but it is very nice and MUCH better than drinking.
There is no reason why my pink-cloud shouldn't come back occasionally as long as I always remember where I have come from and stay in the day.

Anyway...enjoy it! :bounce
Old 02-13-2009, 02:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I came back because I didn't feel I explained myself adequately...

the pink cloud may end (I've never experienced a return myself) but it's not a loss to my mind.

In recovery I find the ups of life to be better because I feel I've earned them - they're real - and I find the lows easier to handle because I'm not relying on a chemical crutch to get me through...I'm dealing with my problems as they occur honestly and openly... and I'm growing as a human being every day - or at least that's the ideal.

While I have no pink cloud anymore - I find my life more real, and more valuable, for that

D
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't be dissin' the pink cloud, Dee.

I fully intend for mine to come back, it is real and I have earned it..oh, how I have earned it.
LOL
Old 02-13-2009, 02:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am just being silly, I know what you mean, Dee.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Pink clouds are made of gratitude!!

Although there are times/events in life that bring pain and sadness, that "pink cloud" state can most certainly be the rule rather than the exception. I had many folks caution me in early sobriety that my unusually good mood would surely end, and that I'd better prepare for it. I talked to my sponsor, and she scoffed.

See, we figure my pink cloud was made of gratitude. I was grateful to be alive, probably for the first time in my life. She suggested that I practice gratitude and maybe I'd never have to permanently park my cloud.

Is it unusual? Well, I got some perspective from a "normie" last week. I had a night class, and I couldn't find a parking spot. It's usually not a problem, so I hadn't left early enough to allow for the possibility. As I circled the block, I found all sorts of reasons to project blame outside of myself: the parking authority had posted a lot of the meters for a special event, the parking garage was full, there were too many students out on the streets and in the cross walks slowing down my parking search. When I finally found one solitary spot in an unexpected place, the meter wouldn't register my quarters--I had to write a note and jam it into the slot so I wouldn't get a ticket.

In the elevator, I met another student who was also running late, and I told on myself. She noticed my dark mood and asked what was wrong. "I'm $%#@!" And I proceeded to tell her who's fault it was. I told her I didn't like losing my cool. She laughed and said, "Oh, I do that every day. Several times a day, even!" That brought me back around, and I started ticking off in my head all the reasons I was grateful--starting with, "I don't get %%#@! every day!" Like magic (or so it seemed), that dark cloud above me disappeared, and I was once again on my pastel cushion!

So, keep it fresh, folks. In early sobriety, I was grateful to be alive. I'm still grateful to be alive, and if I can keep that in my heart and add to that gratitude list every day, I've got all the fuel I need to keep that cloud afloat.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-13-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

HF. a question right up my alley!

yeah, i had that PC when i was detoxed, and a few weeks and months in...

i liked it, and never wanted it to go...

well, as life started to hit, the shhitt fairy landed, and that PC was get'n a tad gray...

the PC i have come to see is not just that feeling the temporary euophoria...

upon working a good recovery program, daily gratitude, working with others, and belief, faith and trust... not one day has past in almost six years, that if only for a few minutes, the PC wasn't here...

for me, the PC is our attitude...

today, i still chase that PC, my addictions chased me...
around the rooms in town, my nickname...

you guesed it, Pink Cloud!

and that aint no Indian name!

if you want that PC HF, it can be a lifetime thing...

and we can sleep well at night... lol

by the way, rule 62 helps a good deal with the pink cloud HF

good wishes

rz

Old 02-13-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

I still get the occasional ride on the pink cloud anytime I'm reminded of what I've really accomplished by coming as far as I have. Maybe a song will bring it on, or something I read, or just a really sober thought for that matter. It's like a little rush of accomplishment, or even pride... a genuine feeling of the real (the pure) even if it's something very simple. Maybe particularly if it's something simple. It hits and then it's gone, but while it's there I'm reminded that I never felt like that as a drinker.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i dont get that at all. what is a pink cloud. i have ben addicted to almost everything at one time or another and have no such pink cloud experience at all what is it. i know im unusual.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The “pink cloud” is best described as a period of time where the addict or alcoholic experiences a reprieve from the struggles associated with early recovery. These struggles are generally associated with the feelings of depression, anger, resentment, self pity and the realization of where their drug addiction or alcoholism has taken them.

I definetely experienced a pink cloud. In my experience, I heard of this and longed for it.Finally, It really happened.I find the harder i work in my recovery, the bigger my pink cloud gets.I have almost 6 months clean and helping someone new gives me a "puff" more of my pink cloud. Some call it the honeymoon phase. I hope this happens to everyone...eventuelly. It helped me alot. Helping others was the key for me.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

wow get a grip. sounds really wacky. you may have what is caled wet brain syndrome.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't think I quite understand what a "pink cloud" is. I've never seen a pink cloud before. Sorry if I'm slow to catch on or understand.
Wes
Old 02-13-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had the pink cloud (honeymoon is what I called it). I felt great, didn't crave alcohol, didn't even think about it. Walked right past the wine aisle and realized it when I left the store that I didn't even think about it at all.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by MROBI View Post
wow get a grip. sounds really wacky. you may have what is caled wet brain syndrome.

What's your problem?
Old 02-13-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by EscapedOC View Post
The “pink cloud” is best described as a period of time where the addict or alcoholic experiences a reprieve from the struggles associated with early recovery. These struggles are generally associated with the feelings of depression, anger, resentment, self pity and the realization of where their drug addiction or alcoholism has taken them.
That's a good way to describe it.

Another would be to call it the high you get from not being high.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

For me...."pink cloud" means I am excited about recovery.

When I want to continue that zest....
I go find a newcomer to share with.

I do so enjoy the high of helping...
Old 02-13-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Call it what you like MROBI. I've been sober almost 7 months..and from you other post your still using opiates b/c you deserve to be happy..Right?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am glad to read people saying the PC can carry on, I KNEW it! LOL
Old 02-13-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Someone at a meeting told you ..you were on a pink cloud...

That seems like a sweeping statement and a bit judgemental to me.

pink cloud........whatever you wanna call it........enjoy it youve earnt it.

your 14 days sober its no wonder you feel great.

share it with another newcomer..........they might just need to hear it.

trucker