Notices

Another Meeting Tonight...

Old 02-12-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Another Meeting Tonight...

So far today is turning out to be a great day! I've spent a majority of my day on here other than the 20 or 30 minutes I went to play a game or two of pool with a friend. What's great about that is although he drinks he totally respects and supports my commitment not to drink and said it's a great decision. So I am thankful to have a friend that can be supportive of me.

What makes today even better is I called my temporary sponsor earlier today and asked if he knew anyone going to the meeting tonight that could give me a ride (he wouldn't be able to go because of having to watch his kids tonight) and he found me a ride to a meeting tonight. I'm so excited over that and will be glad to get out of here and into a group of people just like me. So this is turning out to be a great day 8 of sobriety! It makes me feel so good knowing that I'm not all alone and that people are willing to help me through this. I'll definitely be coming back home to post about this for those that may possibly be interested. Hope everyone elses day is going well, or as well as can be expected. And thank you all for being so great to me in these 8 days! You guys rock!
Wes

Old 02-12-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm really glad to hear your positive attitude, CoF! And I'm glad you're having a good day! I hope the meeting is helpful to you tonight.

:ghug2
Old 02-12-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Wes! Enjoy your meeting tonight! And your positive attitude is really uplifting.

Erin
Old 02-12-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thanks for carrying the message of recovery, Wes. I appreciate your enthusiasm, it's an inspiration to newcomers and old-timers alike!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Great! meetings are wonderful. When you are there really listen to what others are saying. it took a few meetings before I really understood why I was there.
I'm leaving to one in about 25 min.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Talking

coF1984: i've only been here just a little while and your positive attitude STANDS OUT.. keep it up!