Not feelin' the love lately

Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Not feelin' the love lately

Hi,

I dunno what's gotten into people around here lately, but man... it's draggin' me down. I haven't posted much because, for the most part, the discussions have gotten nasty and I just don't want to get involved. I've had opinions on things, sure, but now I'm almost afraid to express them. And even when people have responded firmly - but not RUDELY - it's been interpreted as rude or "overly harsh" and that starts a whole new tangent.

Is it just me, or are y'all sensing the discord, too?

I used to get such positive energy from SR and now I'm almost hesitant to even see what new things have been posted.

Sucks, too, because I'm falling back into a funk and could use my trusty support network.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know what you mean TSH, tis just a phase, it will pass.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you feel that way!

Please don't stop posting, i look for your handle and the picture of pam in new threads i read so it would really suck if you slow down or stop. I will keep my posts, for one, positive regardless for today whether they be out of place or not so you will be able to check them out!

Here's some loving, no more funking!

:ghug3
Old 02-11-2009, 11:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pam? She looks like that woman in Seinfeld who didn't swing her arms when she walks.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

You just made me smile, yeah.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

ROFL Stone! No, the av pic is Pam (Jenna Fischer) from The Office. And that's Jim in the background.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I haven't seen the American version of the Office just the UK one.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
I've had opinions on things, sure, but now I'm almost afraid to express them. And even when people have responded firmly - but not RUDELY - it's been interpreted as rude or "overly harsh" and that starts a whole new tangent.

I found myself apologizing because I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I'm getting afraid to post, sometimes. I think I'm going to lay low for a little while...stick mostly to the Secular side of things.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well.. it IS the BLAH time of the winter.. winter blues maybe? i don't like rude people so i understand what you are saying!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It seems to go in cycles...if i focus on my own recovery, I tend to be able to stay out of the fray

Other times i wack out and it aint pretty....

I think of it as swirling karmas.....someone's "stuff" sets of someone elses "stuff" pretty soon everyone is wirling like tornados and it's a mess lol

I was even getting sensitive on this section...really a reflection of me not any of you....but this is my support system so i really can't afford to "back off" Just pm with people and work through why I am wacking out....

People aren't saying anything differnt they usually do...IMO it's that a reaction starts...and soon we are all off balance. Sometims it helps to back off from a particular thread or sitaution until i have my balance back.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Resident

I have noticed this too. There seems to be a lot of drama this week. Hopefully things will calm down and get back to normal (whatever that is)
Don't worry be happy.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Every now and then SR has a menses. It'll pass.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning all. Yes, I've noticed the board being a bit chaotic with more drama, but like stone and windy said, it comes and goes. I try to keep in mind that this is just a forum that mirrors life at times and just back off a bit; nothing to take personally. The mods do a pretty good job of stripping and stopping the slings and arrows.

Anyway, I'm thinking of you TSH and hoping that life with hubby eases up for you and that you find yourself more settled and at ease. Let us know how you're doing.

Sending some love and a big hug to you,

:ghug3

Donna
Old 02-12-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh... well I havent noticed anything... I mostly read the secular threads but those don't seem contentious at all. But now you guys have piqued my curiosity so I'm gonna go find the ugly threads. lol

I know at times I like being angry.. I'm sure a lot of people r like that. Thats why there will never be 100% peace on any board or forum.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey TSH! My Sista, you know I feel you! Thing is right now I"m so sensitive it's really getting to me, so I'm sticking to certain parts of the board.

Silly question to you guys...what is secular? And is it okay if I stick around here with you guys? You all seem so nice and CALM! =)
Old 02-12-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey TSH..
I must have my head in the sand, or in threads that have not gone down this bumpy path, but like Eroica I haven't noticed the nasties too much..

But more important - I LOVE your posts and so value you here - you are one of the people in SR that I think of a lot - and so value what you have to say. You are so generous and non-judgmental and give so much to newcomers and people who are struggling.. So I sure would miss you not being around as much.

Sorry things are getting gritty in some of the communications.. Maybe it is just part of this being E-space.

And I feel that you are hurt.. i want to yell out "don't hurt TSH"! so I will!

Don't hurt TSH!

:ghug KB
Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Mariposa...there have been many definitions of secular bandied about on this section, In the end I just decided it works for me

I'll let someone else define what it means though...not my forte (grin)

And glad you are here!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

hey thanks for bringing up this topic!
ever since i came to SR i've felt a strong divide between myself and almost ALL of the women on this site! granted, there are a few that are nice to me - but it's usually just guys who PM me and talk to me, and although that's nice, I'm also here for recovery and looking for sober gals to chat with. it's unfortunate, but i really feel like a certain clickiness lurks on the SR boards and within the chat as well. hopefully this will change because it's a total bummer - you ladies are missin out on a fun chick! haha
Old 02-12-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mariposa18 View Post

Silly question to you guys...what is secular? And is it okay if I stick around here with you guys? You all seem so nice and CALM! =)
It is calm in the secular forum isn't? I like it.

Secular means non-religous, basically. I think it was set up as a forum for those who don't do AA or do AA but are agnostic/atheist.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

TSH, sorry you feel this way. Windy is right, sometimes SR (and any other forum I've modded in the past) goes through these types of phases. Please know you are welcome here in secular. I do try to keep it calm, as I know many folks here have felt alienated due to their beliefs.