Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

To the ones that feel they drive happily into the sunshine with the OW

Old 02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I wanted to tell you that yesterday I talked to a coworker, friend of my ex and mine as well.

He told me my ex asked him to take a break from work and by his face he knew we had broke up.

Then he cried.
And my friend hugged him.

Nice. Nice to know he felt SOMETHING. He always acted up infront of me, said harmful stuff... I always had the idea he felt released and never ever felt sad or missed me.

With all the "friends" talking I also bought into the idea that he cheated. No, he did not.

Granted it took him a month to go out with someone and dedicate her the same song he dedicated to me. It hurt. Then today I said "Imagine being dedicated a song that your boyfriend dedicated to his ex". Mmmm how false is that? I wondered if we are all replaceable figures of his Mom and he just changes the name? His mom died many years ago. I believe that triggered his alcoholism.

Then I said "how can I feel good knowing he suffered and cried? I loved him so much". So, bad if he is happy, bad if he is sad.

Anyhow.. that was not what I was going to say.. it's this:

This friend we have in common had a gf back in Mex city. They absolutely loved each other. They were going to marry in a couple of months.

One day he goes back to Mex and out of the blue he gives her her stuff and breaks up.

He started going out with someone else shortly after that. Of course I thought "another one like my ex, going from one to the other without giving a damn"

To make the story short, he ended up in tears for hours, crying in my arms.

Before that I honestly had a very bad idea about him, thinking how easy it was for him to move on, and how sad this gf would be.. and how could he do it so "smoothly"...

He knows he made mistakes, he is crying his heart out and after work I told him I would drop by later.. he said No... he did not want to walk to his flat alone. Its about 5min. walk.

I thought about all of us who have walked and run and moved out and felt loneliness in so many dark places and HE cannot even be ALONE for 5 minutes??

We were talking and he turned on the TV.. I asked him to turn it off... he just wanted to get distracted.But his roomate is moving out so he WILL be alone.

I am sorry but guys are so WEAK...

Well I do not know if this would help anyone but it helped me a great deal to see the reality "behind scenes". He broke the heart of the new one of course. I told him what I thought about ppl who play with a woman's heart.

He is going back to Mex city to see his gf for another chance.

I think he made the plan this weekend because his roomate will leave and he would have been left all alone in his flat with his sadness....and noo, poor him!! he would not survive that...

It was obvious to me that he was not a bad person, he is just TOO AFRAID of being alone. He has such an unbelievable pain in his heart that he is just unable to face it. Thus his actions. He told me not to go out with anyone right away, that it was A MESS, that he kept looking for his ex's traits in the new one...

I know the gf he is visiting and she will not accept him anymore. The new gf he had here broke any kind of contact as well.
When he comes back he will be forced to face his feelings...

Justice, served chilled.

Last edited by TakingCharge999; 02-11-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am sorry, probably not a story of compassion or such, and he is my friend so I should not be feeling good about this. And I do not feel good... it just reinforces the idea that sooner or later... everybody will have to face their worst fears... no one can "get away" with any bad deed they have done... that it all indeed, comes back tenfold. And that nothing is what it seems.