Backslide!!!!

Old 08-08-2003, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Backslide!!!!

Yep, it happened.......after all summer of not drinking and everything going GREAT he came home with the "look". Big dip in his mouth, hick-upping, red eyes and "the attitude". He wanted to know if he was taking our oldest or youngest to football practice. I answered that I would be taking everyone. He asked why and I said because I didn't thing he needed to be driving. Then our youngest came in and asked if Dad was taking him and he replied, Mom won't let me. Our child asked me why and I said that apparently his Dad had too many beers at lunch. Dad said "I had tea". I didn't say anything else. Loaded the kids and left.

THere were no raised voices....no fights nothing. Life went on like normal. I even slept good. Then for two days hubby napped a lot and layed around. Said he didn't know what was wrong with him. I didn't say a word......I wanted to say, You're depressed from drinking.....DUH!!! BUT instead I didn't say anything.

Now it has passed and things have gone back to the way they have been this summer........Guess I don't have anything to "fear" anymore.....it already happened......he had a backslide and I am still fine!!!

Constant
Old 08-08-2003, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Good for you! I think you handled everything maaaavalously!

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-08-2003, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well done, Constant!!!! You took care of yourself and the children without making his relapse yours.

I'm glad things are getting back to normal. Enjoy the day.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-08-2003, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

(((constant)))

you did real good !
no craziness-no dramatic responses !
one day at a time you are taking care
of you !
cool
hugs
liddy
Old 08-08-2003, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

(((((constant)))))

Count your victories Constant...I always feel so good when I handle something in a healthy way.....and you surely did it healthy this time ...

Love and prayers from one who cares
Old 08-09-2003, 05:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OMG!!! Y'all.......He asked me yesterday why I was doing the al-anon stuff....was it because I thought he was an alcoholic or because of my Dad. I told him I didn't know if he was or not only he could answer that, but that alcohol had taken control of our lives. He and I both know that my Dad has MAJOR drinking problems! BUT I said al-anon wasn't about him or my dad....it is about me! I told him that I realize I let "stuff" make me crazy because I want to control it and al-anon was teaching me to be a "calmer" person and to let go of the urges I have to "fix" everthing for everyone.

He then went on to say he had had too much to drink that day and how he felt bad (depressed) for a couple of days afterward. He REALIZED that HE brought on his own DEPRESSION!!! Light bulbs are flashing everywhere!!!!

Seriously, thanks to each and every one of you, y'all are the reason I was able to get to where I am today....I don't do f2f so this is it (other than reading) and y'all have been wonderful!!! I know we still have lots of peaks and valleys, but I feel like I am living in the light now and the darkness has passed. I love you all!!

Blessings, Constant