Notices

Dreams -

Old 02-10-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams -

Someone started this awhile ago and I found it encouraging. What do you want to do now that you are sober and free to live life?

I want to start one of these, but not just mules. I would like all types of animals and do a rescue where they would live and eventually find homes for them.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow what a really cool thing to do, i really hope you do it Horselover!

After nearly 4 months sober it is too early for me to answer the dreams question, being sober is enough for now, hope to put in an answer sometime this year though:-)

Once again i really hope you achieve your dream, it is a really worthwhile cause!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Around my AA meetings some of our members tend to say "I'm living the dream baby!", and I guess in some ways I am. I live a peaceful and serene life in spite of myself and the difficult economic situations.

I love the life I have with my children, and in a couple weeks my fiance and I will be moving into a larger home together, I'm looking forward to remodeling, decorating, landscaping, and creating our home together.

Eventually I'd like to retire somewhere where it's a little cooler and the change of seasons is more apparent. I've always loved Arizona so Flagstaff is a possibility. It'd be great to have a large, cozy cabin and a nice workshop where I can keep myself busy. I enjoy the outdoors so it'd also be good to be near hiking and fishing areas.

Dreams are wonderful, I hope all of ours come true for us. No hurry for me, for now I'm thrilled with living one day at a time, watching my children grow and enjoying every precious minute of a clean and sober life. What a gift it is to be blessed with a life that I used to only dream of when I drank
Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
We need a little music to go along with this thread YouTube - Boston/Barry Goudreau - Dreams My apologies for being so old school
Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I must be old school too! We are 2 years apart Astro!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too would like to have a big farm for abused and unwanted animals. Not likely, but it's one of my dreams.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As I look out my office window into our pasture I see our Californian wild Mustang rescue horse grazing peacefully with the others.

God blesses those who help all others.......
Old 02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you adopting a rescue!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mle-sober

I don't know but I love the question, Horselover.

I feel like I'm just hanging on so much of the time that I'm really grateful for the serenity that I find along the way. I'd like to be a better mom. And I'd like to earn back all the trust that I threw away in my marriage. And I am absolutely committed to my sobriety.

Someone asked me to be their sponsor and I'd like to do a good job of that.

And, I'd like to lose 20 pounds! Ok - that's it! ( :
Old 02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

dreams

oh" Dreams" try this irish band...this song is so feel good on dreams...YouTube - The Cranberries - Dreams
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

(I love Boston too - it was terrible when Brad Delp left us.)

Horsie, I would love to do something like you said - something like Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah, where all different animals go. (That's where the Michael Vick dogs went, I think I told you.) Can I come work for you when you get up and running?
Old 02-10-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Absolutely!!! We'll hire Least too! Animal lovers are welcome and needed!

My girlfriend and I are actually going out to a Mule ranch in Utah in June for a girl's weekend away from the husbands. The husbands get to go after us. She is safe because she doesn't drink either. Well, wait, she's a tea drinker. LOL! I'm coffee and she's tea, but we get along despite that difference. We are hoping to contact the lady on that video and find out how she started her rescue.

You know you are welcome to come and live in New Mexico, but I think you would miss your water though. Come on! Make plans!!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I hope I don't sound like the materialistic one of the bunch, but I am starting a new job tomorrow and my dream is to be making 6 figures again. We have our third baby on the way and I would like to be debt free within 15 months. Life is so much easier if you get to take the whole money worry out of the equation.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No, I don't have ANYTHING against money. Really! If someone were to offer me money I would take it. Win the lottery? That would be "okay" too. Nothing wrong with wanting to be debt free either. Kind of a goal of mine too.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a great long range planner - I really like that John Lennon line from Beautiful Boy...'life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'.

But if you'd asked me two years ago - my dream would be pretty much the life I have today, and that's just amazing to me

D
Old 02-10-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I would love to get a nice big RV and just cruise the country. No cares. No place to be. Just wherever my wheels take me.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Its interesting kind of. So many people don't think dreaming is healthy because you aren't present when you dream, but I disagree. Kids dream all the time and its carefree and it gives one something to smile about on days that are turning rather dreary or grey. I don't think to have a dream is so bad. Martin Luther King had a dream and it came true.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I have always had dreams. I day dream. I sleep drea. I dream all day long at work. LOL.
It is my mental escape.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'd like to run a homeless shelter and soup kitchen. I'd love to volunteer but I can't find anything around here.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'd like to run a Chinchilla habitat where disabled and terminally ill children can come to visit. They are so cute and sweet, I think just looking at one adds five years to your life.