Notices

opiate withdrawals

Old 02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

opiate withdrawals

hi i just moved to new jersey (philly area) from florida (i'm from jersey lived in florida for 5 years)
i've been addicted to opiates (mainly oxy) for over 2 years on and off, my peaks taking over 1,000mg a day (my tolerance is extreme)
i freebase as much as possible depending on the opiate i can get
i moved back clean with a script of suboxone
i've detoxed 3 times with suboxone
however when i moved i of course got addicted again, not only taking oxy but heroin and morphine as well
i really was totally not worried in any way of becoming addicted because i can get my prescriptions mailed to me from my doctor in west palm (the hub for oxy use)
however my mom recently quit her nursing job to move back up to jersey and is taking a month off
this leaves me completely ******
as i now have no insurance and my script is well over $500 without it at $6.50 a pill
i am now left with the reality that i am now addicted again and have no means by which to fill my prescription
my insurance just ran out at the beginning of the month
this seems ridiculous to me that this is happening and really don't know what to do
if anyone has any idea how i can get some kind of coverage for my suboxone than i'd be very very very very grateful
any other advice would be nice
although i've quit a million times before at way higher daily doses, i'm having just a hard a time as ever
not only is my tolerance through the roof but my withdrawals have lasted over 2 weeks before (with depression and other side effects lasting for months)
please help me, i am so desperate i have no idea what to do, i am so very close to pawning my labtop i just got for college which i started recently when i got clean (i haven't been able to go to class this week due to w/d)
please please please help me
Old 02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. There's not much I can suggest other than to post your message in the "Substance Abuse" forum which is more focused on your issues.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Good Luck!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi and welcome to SR
I am glad you found us
and thank you 223 for posting that helpful link to our substance abuse forum
Old 02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm sorry you're going through this.