Notices

Well Here We Go Again

Old 02-10-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Well Here We Go Again

Hi Im Tina Alcoholic - Ive been in and out this program for 20 yrs once had 4 yrs and then my husband died three months slammed by a Hurricane and moved to Las Vegas from New Orleans. I know from all my years that if my program was strong I would have made it though all of that sober but I didn't. What happened is I became a binge user and these binges in the beginning about every three months so started happening monthly. And I;d drink to blackout and end up downtown in the crack house.
I have 16 daughter - my step daughter who I raised since she was four. She has been through hell and back and of course acts out alot - she was expelled last year for weed and loratabs - Got put on probation and last Friday her PO arrested her for a violation - she tested positive for heroin. She is not addicted to Heroin but she is an addict. She was trying to not smoke weed and used other drugs because they were out of her system faster. She is in detention and will be leaving for treatment tomorrow. I know from experience that the best thing I can do for her is be an example so Im back in meetings. Gave away my weed and got everything else out of the house.
Im also going to counseling Friday and an alanon meeting tonight. Im so freakin co dependent that I have not boundaries with her and just do what I ever I have to keep her happy just to avoid the arguments and that feeling in the pit of my stomach I get when someone is mad with me.
My baby girl being locked up and going off for 45 days is tearing me up - I can hardly go home to an empty house _ i guess it separation anxiety. Since my husband died its just been me and here and Ive reloved my whole world around here so now I don't know what do about me. I guess Im taking the right steps but this hurts so freakin bad,
Im on ***** as serinty if anyone wants to say HI

hugs
tina d
Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tina,

Welcome!

Absolutely show your step-daughter, by your example, how to life a sober life and how to find the peace that comes with recovery.

I had no boundaries whatsoever with my kids when they were growing up and I completely lost myself. It didn't do them or me any good. We need boundaries. You can get through this and be strong for your step-daughter!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi ladesignz - I'm sorry you're going through such a horrible time. It's wonderful you found SR, this place saved me & helped me get sober & stay that way for over a year. I didn't have anyone else in my life who understood, so when I got here and read my own story over & over, it was a huge weight lifted off me. It took me 5 mos. to finally lay down the booze for the last time, but I read on here all along, and I wanted what these people have! Sanity, hope, joy, peace. You can have these things too. I'm sorry for what you're going through with your daughter, but as you already know, nothing is made better by drinking - it just complicates our lives and keeps us confused and incapable of solving problems. Keep posting and telling us how you're doing. We care about you & want to help.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi Tina! I'm so sorry for your loss!

I went through hell and back with my daugher too. Rehabs, juvie, etc. She now has grown into her own and is living a very productive life and has a wonderful personality that I thought would never happen earlier on.

Take care of you! That is the #1 priority and the rest of the pieces will start falling into place in time. I'm glad you found us here! Welcome and keep posting, reading and reaching.

:ghug3:ghug
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you all for the support !!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Welcome to SR. :ghug