Notices

Unbelieveable, Unimagineable...

Old 02-10-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unbelieveable, Unimagineable...

This is completely unbelieveable, utterly unimagineable, never in my past few years of existence I would have figured I could make it 6 days sober. This is completely new to me and something I thought of as damn near impossible. But, I am so very happy that I have made such an accomplishment in my life. This is a huge accomplishment for me. Especially being that when I was drinking I would do absolutely anything at all costs to make sure I never even went an hour sober.

I definitely have to say thank you so much to SR and all the wonderful people here. You all have been a huge help in these 6 days of sobriety and for that I am so grateful beyond comprehension. You all have been so huge in helping me not pick up another whiskey or beer bottle. And the help of turning myself back over to my religion has also been a huge help as well. All I know is I am so grateful that it's hard to explain for these six days of sobriety. And I know if I make it this far I can keep taking it moment by moment and day by day with the help of you all and everything else postive I've been trying to incorporate back into my life (Such as religion) I can make it and I can stay sober.

The first three or four days were difficult as I was having the shakes and an overwhelming desire to go find a drink by all means neccessary. Now, on day six, I can say the shakes are gone, I'm sleeping good, my desire to find a drink is fading away, and when it does come back strong I can fight it off a lot better now than I could three days ago.

Thank you all so much for the support and encouragement that I've needed and for being so understanding and accepting. This is the only place I can come to where people understand me and my problem. So thank you all.
You all rock!

Wes
Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow Wes! Thank you!! I love reading posts like this first thing in the morning. It gives us all hope. I am so happy for you!!

:ghug3
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

I am glad to be able to share your experience with you through your daily threads.
I know that your struggle has been a lot more difficult than mine is but remember that it is far from over,
In the next short while you will try to convince yourself that you can have just one or two.
Sadly, you cannot as I cannot.
Keep at it and enjoy your day sober.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you and super post!

I'm glad you are doing so well!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job Wes!!

My withdrawl symptoms are finally gone, my appetite is back and last night I finally slept for the first time in days. Isn't sobriety wonderful
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Congratulations on your progress in recovery Wes, I'm glad to hear this is working for you. Please keep reaching out for help and support.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

great to hear that.............the shear happiness.............wonderful.

I remember that feeling of.....pure freedom and the realization that it was possible.

And what my head told me.." you worthless and will NEVER be free of this" was totally nonsense.

I say to myself....i truly have a reprieve.......if i dont take a drink one day at a time i cant get drunk..

Congratulations again.........enjoy your new freedom........trucker
Old 02-10-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support and encouragement. And Fubar, I know it's far from over. It will definitely be a daily struggle and I'll definitely have times where it seems impossible and how stressful the mental aspects of this can and will be. But, I'm so glad I can come here when it gets tough and hopefully soon will be able to meet others like me face to face which will hopefully help as much as this does during those hard times. But, for now, I'll live in the right now and be greatful for what is. When the hard times do come I'll take it one step at a time as it comes. And through prayer, and help of others when it does come I hope I can and will prevail over anything that life throws at me. Once again thank you all for everthing!
Wes
Old 02-10-2009, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow!

What a great thing to read! 6 days is huge!

I was just thinking this morning (day 40 y'all!!) about how great I feel and how grateful I am to be sober.

Good Job and keep up the good work!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 40 SoberforME! That's great news. And I feel great and am grateful to be sober. If I wasn't sober I wouldn't be on here and dancing around my room to some jazz (just keep in mind white boys can't dance lmao) because I feel so good and for some reason am so happy today. But, I'm not gonna complain. I'm just gonna enjoy the happiness and good time while it's here and live in the moment.
Wes
Old 02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! Great job and stay the course.