Notices

Boozeless Bowling--part II

Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Boozeless Bowling--part II

Well I had a pretty strong night amidst all my drinking bowlers.......a couple of them don't even ask if I am in on the next round......but this one guy......."when are you ever going to switch back and have fun with us?"

Kicker was....I WAS having fun!

I found myself standing between two of them at one point......they were talking to each other and I was in the middle of beer breath. It actually smelled pretty good so I stepped away. I kept telling myself how much better off I was and how much money I was saving......as usual, my reward was driving home not worrying about getting pulled over. As some of you know, that is big for me.

Thanks for listening to me prattle on......... SR has been my saving grace, I could never thank you all enough. You have deeply impacted me!

Hugs.:ghug2
Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
they were talking to each other and I was in the middle of beer breath. It actually smelled pretty good
At that point you have to practice shallow breathing! I know what you mean -- I quit smoking almost 20 years ago and at times if I walk too close to people smoking it smells good to that tiny trigger center that still exists. You did a great job excercising restraint. I'm glad you still find it fun without drinking. The reward is much greater -- like you're here with us today feeling good! Atta girl.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you went out and had fun without drinking! Keep up the great work!

Wes
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, yet another test passed.

I bet you had less gutter balls too...
Old 02-10-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

Wat to go VC. Has tour score improved since you started [laying sober?

Just ignore the one that keeps asking you to drink. He probably doesn't mean you any harm. Next time tell him never so he doesn't need to ask anymore.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

From one bowler to another, I would be willing to bet most 300s and 700 series are not thrown by a drunk. To the person who said when are you going to start having fun again, that was a statement from an insecure person who was jealous that you were able to defeat the booze demon and move on with your life. Just keep up the good work and let me know how much that avg is going up now that you are sober and focused. Keep hitting the second arrow and you will be fine.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by C23 View Post
From one bowler to another, I would be willing to bet most 300s and 700 series are not thrown by a drunk. To the person who said when are you going to start having fun again, that was a statement from an insecure person who was jealous that you were able to defeat the booze demon and move on with your life. Just keep up the good work and let me know how much that avg is going up now that you are sober and focused. Keep hitting the second arrow and you will be fine.
LOL on that! I don't think I have ever seen a 300 rolled by anyone drinking!
C23....We have a young man here that bowled a 300 right-handed and left-handed......different times but geez!!!

Thanks to all of you for your positive comments!!!!!!!!!
:ghug2