Remembering Daniel

Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Cool Remembering Daniel

Daniel was the best mechanic. He was willing to work after he got off from his 9-5 job on peoples vehicles, lawn mowers, diesel trucks, boat engines and whatever else might have a motor in it.

He would work for his friends and neighbors cheap too, I used to hear people laugh about him tearing down an engine for a 12 pack of beer or a couple of crack rocks. Some people thought he was stupid but his work stood out and spoke for itself. The whole community contributed to his death because they were the ones who wouldn't lift him up and pay him what he was worth tell him he was better than a 12 pack or a crack rock.

Over the weekend he passed away over dosing on zanax and methadone. Hump I wonder what job he did for that I hope the person who had him do some really wonderful work for realize that they have deprived the community of a person who just wanted to be liked and to serve his fellow man in the only way he knew how.

Daniel your are star shine on my friend. RIP
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry Splendra, My AH is talented if you can see past his addiction. RIP Daniel and my prayers are with you.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is so sad. I hope he has peace now.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear about Daniel. Thank you for sharing his life with us. It is sad to see that people were taking advantage of his addiction.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My deepest symathies over the loss of your friend. HG
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry for your loss. May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, ((Splendra)).

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-10-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

thoughts & prayers for all those who loved Daniel

HUGS,
Rita
Old 02-10-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing Daniels story.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thinking of Daniel and sending prayers for those he left behind.
You are a good person Splendra, for seeing Daniel for the person he was.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I agree with Cece, you are a good person for seeing Daniel for the human being he was. I'm sorry for his passing.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think that it is a wonderful tribute to Daniel that you were able to see the person under the addiction. Prayers for Daniel and those who loved him. Hugs, Marle
Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Daniel was my neighbor and he was a human being I hate that he died so young. He was 37 years old. He lived right across the street from me. He came over to my house a lot. He used to talk about how much he missed his mom who died suddenly. I think he wanted me to be a mother figure in his life. I vision that he saw his mom and ran to her and just didn't look back.

I tried to tell him his work was worth more than a 12 pack. He did work for me on several occasions. I always paid him cash and told him I would turn him over my knee if I found out that he bought dope or alcohol with the money. He came over to my house on several occasions drunk out of his mind and talking crazy stuff. I would send him home. I told him not to come back until he was sober. The last time I talked to him he said that he had quit drinking and drugging because he wanted his life to be good. He seemed to be doing pretty good. I had not seen him for a couple of months because I have not been at home. The day he died I had gone home to organize some of my stuff and visit my dogs.

He lived with his dad. His dad tried to revive him. My H and I saw the rescue vehicles go by it appeared that they were turning down a side road near by. Then a lot of cop cars started parking in front of his house. My H went to see what was going on. He ran back to the house and told me they had Daniel hooked up to a life saving device but could only use it for 20 minutes. I wish his dad knew that my H and I are both trained in CPR perhaps we could have revived him befor the rescue people got there.

Thanks for all the condolences.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

******{Splendra}}}}}

RIP Daniel
Old 02-10-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Special prayers for Daniel and all who loved him. And prayers for those who did not have the clarity to see the person beneath the addiction, may they never know first hand that it could have been them or any of their loved ones.

You are indeed a wonderful person, Splendra, and Daniel was blessed to have you for a friend.

May he rest in peace in the arms of God.

Hugs
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((Splendra)))

You were a very good friend to Daniel.

I hope you're not feeling guilty about not being there to perform CPR at the end. You didn't know, and as you DO know, it doesn't always change the outcome. When it's our time to go, it doesn't matter if you're in the middle of the best equipped ER or OR.

I believe he is with his mom, and he is at peace.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I talked to Daniel's dad yesterday he said a lot of people won't miss Daniel because he was wild and on occasion stirred up quite a fuss.

I told him well you know I had to send him home on several occasions because he was drunk and disorderly but that even at those times I knew him as child of God. I told him I miss him a lot and that the neighborhood will never be the same without him. Tears came out of his eyes at that time and he said, "I just miss him so much".

His dad is a simple man the words "I miss him so much" was enormous coming out of his mouth all I could say back is I know...
Old 03-23-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

i am sorry about the lost of your friend. prayers for you & all of those who loved him.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Splendra, I am sorry you lost your friend. I lost my son from an OD last September 2008. I know how his father feels. It's good that you told him how you missed his son. I'm sure that meant a lot to him.

Katy
Old 03-23-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

This makes me sad. Daniel sounds almost exactly like my ex-husband. He was worth so much more than he ever realized.