So glad it's over for good this time, long time coming

Old 02-07-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So glad it's over for good this time, long time coming

Hi everyone! I haven't posted much but read the boards every day for strength. Been married for 17 yrs., we are both 36 with a 14 yr. old son has a rare eye disease and has lost most of his vision in his right eye. Anyway, I split from H about 3 months ago. He went OTR and we moved to my moms. He was making good money but was also smoking crack which took most of that good money. He lost his job because he left his truck running in an area of town in Atlanta he knew was prohibited by the company. He's sitting on the railroad tracks smoking crack with another guy. The company came and took the truck right then.

He comes back to where (area) I live and stays in a motel until funds run out. Then he camps in the woods for a while. Then winter comes and he is saying he'll go to rehab. So I get in touch with Voc Rehab he can go to rehab. It's taken about 2 months to complete that process though. He then came here to my mom's with us to wait on the call to go to rehab and to get out of the cold (20's and 30'S). By the time rehab call he dosen't want to go and that word in not in his vocabulary he said. So last week-end I told him it just wasn't going to work and he needed to me making plans to leave. This whole week he's just been withdrawn. Come Friday night when I got home he wasn't here. He just got a 92 dodge caravan from a friend I work with. He has no insurance or tags on the vehicle and went riding around in it. All he has is the title signed over to him. I put insurance on it for about 2 weeks then he said he wasn't going to be driving it (I think he was going back OTR) so to drop the insurance so I did on Friday and told him so. Another one of his stupid decisions.

Anyway I had just had all I could take. When he walked up last night about 10 pm his **** was packed, nicely if I must say so myself, and ready to go. I had no interest in hearing anything he had to say. Anytime he talking he's lying. And god the lies!!!! I feel like 1000lbs. has been lifted off my shoulders!!!! Just his presence was doing this to me so he had to go and the sooner the better. Not to mention the safety of me, mom, and son. My H has ALWAYS been addicted to something or another and is an alcoholic also. He has been smoking crack for about 3 yrs. and some of the places that stuff takes you is a nightmare!!! I just had enough of him lying around and doing nothing except whatever he wanted to do. That MF'er is very hard to live with almost to the point of REAL INSANITY!!!!!! Any support and advice is much appreciated. I have this feeling of peace and calmness inside like the battle is over and I can just relax now. Hope everyone has a great night!!

onlyliveonce
Old 02-07-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Onlyliveonce)))

Good for you. I'm sorry it came to this. It's always sad, but you are doing what you need to do for you and your son to have a chance at a life; a healthy, peaceful life.

This was a big step. My only advice, is to keep yourself surrounded with support and reality checks, because it surely isn't going to be the end of it. For your own sanity, keep taking care of you and do what you need to do to ensure that what you want is what you keep moving towards.

Lots of support, strength and hugs coming your way.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

*big hugs!* Good for you! My husband and I are about the same age as you and have been married as long. We also have a son about to turn 15 next week. So happy that you had the strength to say ENOUGH! Keep strong!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So glad you made the decision to do what you nneded to do for both your & your son. I' sure it was hard, but d*** the easy way is never the right way.

Like the above said, take care of you, keep posting,keep coming here for strength & support.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you. I have been there. Not easy, but you did what was best for you. Keep moving forward and keep coming bck here. Many who care and will lend support.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"The TRUTH doesnt need a crutch because if it stumbles then it's a LIE!" It's amazing how he'll go to rehab but now that he laid his head for awhile, rehab isn't in his vocabulary! He will lie til he get what he need long enough so he could get what he want. I battled my husband's crack addiction with him for a year and I went through him renting our vehicles and not comming home for days and nights at a time. It's so easy for someone to say you deserve better and dont ever go back to him but when we are in love we love hard and we love long. The addiction turns them into someTHING different and because they try to live without it from time to time and even become the man we fell in love with for a moment, it becomes hard to see them in need when they relapse. I can only say that being his crutch will hender him from ever becomming the man that you deserve to have. God and tough love will definetly bring you through this trying time. Please logon daily to get refueled with the much needed strength you will gain from all of these wonderful people with their heartfelt stories and situations. I wish I had discovered this site when I was going through my times but, better late than never. May God bless you always and forever!!