Notices

Finally a new day, Day 3.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally a new day, Day 3.

Well, this is my 3rd day sober. For me this is a major accomplishment and feel that I've made a lot of progress in just 3 (what seems to me as long) days. Before I sobered up I'd never imagined going one day sober let alone three. Even when I didn't have the money to drink I'd find the nearest bottle of mouthwash or wonder around begging anybody I knew that drinks just to get a couple from them. So, I'm so happy in myself for staying this strong and making it 3 days sober. To others it may not seem like much, but to me it's a whole lot.

My withdraws haven't been as bad as I expected they would be. I've had at least one sober day before while I was drinking and it was a lot more hell then what I'm going through now. I still have the shakes, but they're slowly starting to go away. And instead of feeling so "blah" I'm starting to feel more like a person again, like I'm human again.

And I don't think I would've made it this far in trying to start my recovery without the help of this site and the people here. I am so blessed to have came across this site and decided to join. So, a sincere thank you to all the people that have helped encourage me during my time here and thank you for giving me hope and letting me know that I'm not alone in this.

Wes

Old 02-07-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Way to go Wes. We are all following your struggle and pulling for you.
You are right in that it ie a lot harder for some than others and you are doing really well.
It will probably get easier physically in the next few days but as it does it will get even harder mentally so be strong and keep coming here and posting every day.
Sometimes just posting and knowing people care and want to encourage you helps a lot.
I want you to know that as we are helping you hold the course you are also helping me hold the course.
That is the essence of fellowship and I think it is the key to staying sober. Peace.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days, Wes! You can do it! Soon you'll feel much better and it will keep getting easier. Keep reading and posting on here.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's really good news. Have you joined the two weeks and under or less than 30 days sober threads for some support and encouragement? They're in Newcomers' Support Forum.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I didn't know there was a two weeks and under or less than 30 days thread...I'm gonna have to try to look them up though. I did do the Class of Feb. thread though, espresso.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations Wes, that's wonderful
Old 02-07-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Wes

Well done reaching day 3, hope its peaceful....
Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For right now, Iriss, all is peaceful. Family went out for a couple hours, so I get to sit back and meditate to myself for a while and relax and enjoy the day and the beauty of things and of being sober with no interruptions. And it also helps to get some much needed cleaning done around the place. lol. What's weird though...how many guys clean the house just for something to do? lol I'm the only one I know of. haha
Old 02-07-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Resident

I know it is a long way to travel but when you finish can you come and clean my place. Yesterday was cleaning day and so I am in the dog house which btw also wasn't cleaned.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lol Fubar..I wouldn't mind doing any cleaning at all as long as it keeps me busy and my mind occupied, and I'll clean up after the fury ones, too. Much <3 for them.
Wes

Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mle-sober

You're doing an awesome job! Congratulations on reaching day 3! I'm so proud of you!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
being me

Day 3 is great! And thanks for your encouragement on my thread.
Come hang out on the 2 weeks and under thread for sure! That was my lifeline when I first started this journey and now in my back to basics mode, it was one of the first places I started to reach out again. So many people sharing similar experiences and learning how to feel human again.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'll definitely have to keep an eye for that thread grrrr...and thanks for the post here! You, too mle!
Wes

Old 02-07-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Post Afternoon of Day 3

So, yeah, it's 3:30pm on my 3rd day of sobriety and I must say, I feel great. I've had the house to myself for a good majority of the day so I'm getting some much needed quiet time and cleaning done today as well as being able to sit outside for a few every so often and enjoy the weather. So, instead of making up a new thread I just figured I'd add on to this one and save some space for other new thread of a different topic.

I hope everyone else out there in SR is enjoying there day today and trying to make the best of it they can. And I hope everyone else is getting to enjoy such beautiful weather.
Wes