Notices

Hi I'm back

Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi I'm back

Hope you are all staying sober. It has not been easy for me. Yes, I keep falling off and each morning that I wake up this deep depression hits me and I don't want to live. I have just relocated but have no transportation to attend meetings. I just wonder what wonderfurl person awaits inside me after this alcohol demon leaves me. Who knows who and what I can be. My 27 year old daugter wrote that she wants her mother back. the question is...will she ever get her back?
Old 02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Erica, glad to see you back!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that I wrote when I was drunk. I become offensive. I'm very sorry. But those that have worried about me...may God bless you and make your sobriety full of blessing, peace and serenity and precious moments.

Erica
Old 02-06-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, grateful2b. Thank you for remembering me.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi Erica. Glad you are back and trying again. We know how hard this is but as long as you keep trying there is hope. Forget about that night and think to the future.
We are all rooting for you. :ghug3
Old 02-06-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you fub, for your warm welcome. God bless you!!! Peace and serenity to you forever.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

As someone who just came back, let me say welcome back.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Erica,
Glad to see you back - please don't leave again. You need help - I need help - we all need help! We can lean on and support each other. I want to see you on the Class of Jan. thread, too. Good folks over there. JT
Old 02-06-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING. i WANT TO HEAL. i NEED HELP AND I THANK YOU...ALL OF YOU THAT CARE. ALCOHOL HAS RUINED MY LIFE. NOT PHYSICALLY BUT IN MANY OTHER WAYS. I AM A SWEET PERSON. THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE SAYS ABOUT ME WHEN I'M SOBER. I WANT TO BE THAT PERSON 24/7.

ONE DAY AT A TIME.....
Old 02-06-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I will be back to give everyone and anyone the support they need. Because even though i haven't been able to stay on the wagon very long, i still care because i know that there are many on this board who are in the same boat i'm in.

Good night and god bless. We will all recover
Old 02-06-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Smile

eeerooo: ONE day at a time.. you CAN do it!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BKP

the road is long but not forever~
Old 02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was still drinking when I came here, and for 5 mos. afterwards. Everything began to sink in, and I wanted what the others had - serenity and hope for the future, no more dreading each day. The fun & relaxation drinking once was is over for us & it's not coming back. You sound ready to throw off those chains and break free.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

Smile congrats!

congrats to everyone here who has been sober today!!!!!!!!

one day at a time and a big yea to all of us in recovery! it is not easy!

:ghug
Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ERIN!
I have been wondering what you are up to.
PLEASE stay here! PLEASE know we all fight this addiction every day!!
I really thought it would get easier every day. But I think I really think we all have to try daily.
Please let us help you try. KNow your not alone. It is a struggle. But people are here that want to help you!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Erica,

I can't say that I haven't thought of you since that night. It seems like so long ago. I knew that you were relocating but I didn't know when that was going to happen. So it's good to see that you made your way back here.

You know Erica, people here are just like you. We all have to learn to live without that rancid toilet water that we give alluring names to. Names like Martini, Manhattan and Daquiri just tempt us to take the wrong path. They are everywhere. Go to a restaurant and there is a menu of exotic drinks with pretty pictures of poison. Such pretty poison.

It's hard to ignore those feelings of temptation inside of us when things just don't seem to be good all by themselves. For some it's harder than for others. And that is understandable by all of us as alcoholics and as human beings. Temptation is tough to fight. You've shown that you're still fighting by coming back here to give and to get that which we all need in order to fight this addiction, love.

Ken
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by eeerooo View Post
Because even though i haven't been able to stay on the wagon very long, i still care because i know that there are many on this board who are in the same boat i'm in.
You said it right there, Erica.... There are so many of us on this board who are in the same boat!!!! We are all trying to recover from a seemingly hopeless state of mind -- our addiction(s)!

We all have struggled, are stuggling and will struggle again in some form or another .... We need eachother as this is too much for us to conquer or achieve '''Sobriety""" all on our own. Take it easy on yourself. The past is the past and the here and now is right now! Let's move forward in this game called life and stick together, K? You're okay. I'm okay. We're all okay... and that's OKAY! Be good to you! Later!

:ghug:ghug:ghug:ghug:ghug