Notices

sleeping?

Old 02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

sleeping?

i am in a funk, fighting depression...not drinking, but i manage to sleep 23 hours a day? i know i am avoiding reality, but just cannot seem to do ANYTHING ELSE HERE?

any help would be appreciated! am on zoloft, just started?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Go with the flow, let it happen.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Checking with your doctor would be a good idea.

Until then, your body is talking to you...listen, and sleep!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I agree. How long have you been sober? Your body seems to be trying to tell you something.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Sorry if this seems nosey of me.. but do you not work? Or.. have other responsibilities? I know personally how easy it is to fall into the sleeping all day thing, and it's hard to break. Talk to your doc, try to get out and do things to occupy your time (and your mind), every day is so valuable..
Old 02-06-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, Hows your nutrition. Alcohols depletes you of b12 and you become anemic, tired. That one hour that you are awake try to take some vitamins and eat something. We alcoholics tend to look robust but the fact of them matter is that we are malnourished.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

On the contrary, its better than suffering from insomnia. Insomnia s***cks *ss. I've been up since 1:41 am. On of the reasons that I began to drink. But in a strange way....drinking worsens insomnia for some people. I say some because i'VE SEEN SOM ALOCHOLICS THAT AFTER SOME SERIOUS BOOZING, SLEEP ALL NIGHT WITHOUT A PROBLEM. i'M SORRY ABOUT YOUR DEPRESSION. i FEEL THAT i'VE LOST CONTACT WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD. PEACE AND SERENITY
Old 02-06-2009, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

Smile thanks

ty for all the good advice! this is day 16 i thinki? no i do not work right now, am looking for a job. i need to work, jobs are scarce right now!
i have been trying to eat well, oatmeal, i crave and veggies? I will make it thru this, i have to, else i will be drinking again, and i do not want that!
i am only responsible for me, my cat and dog, my kids are all grown and have all but given up on me quit drinking? none of my kids are additived to drugs or alcohol, praise God!
my dr. is out for the weekend but maybe i just need to sleep, as much as i abused my body, i am amazed i am still alive?
thanks for listening, i love hearing the you guys are doing sio well, and gives me great support.
i wish continued sobriety for all
:ghug
Old 02-06-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jowinbo View Post
i am in a funk, fighting depression...not drinking, but i manage to sleep 23 hours a day? i know i am avoiding reality, but just cannot seem to do ANYTHING ELSE HERE?

any help would be appreciated! am on zoloft, just started?
How is your support system dealing with you sleeping like this? Have they tried to motivate you out of your funk, or provide you with any assistance?
Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

hey

sorry eeeroo, not getting sleep would be awful! yes, somtimes I choose to lose contact w/the outside world, tho i know it is not good for us to do so. my support system knows something is wrong when i do answer the phone, but i call back and just tell them how i feel? they just tell me to sleep, if i feel that is what my body needs? i just feel useless sleeping all the time, but this will pass

ty for all the surport! hang in there everyione hugs
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eeerooo View Post
On the contrary, its better than suffering from insomnia. Insomnia s***cks *ss. I've been up since 1:41 am. On of the reasons that I began to drink. But in a strange way....drinking worsens insomnia for some people. I say some because i'VE SEEN SOM ALOCHOLICS THAT AFTER SOME SERIOUS BOOZING, SLEEP ALL NIGHT WITHOUT A PROBLEM. i'M SORRY ABOUT YOUR DEPRESSION. i FEEL THAT i'VE LOST CONTACT WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD. PEACE AND SERENITY
Thats why I thought I needed to really pound them before I went to bed, So I could "sleep" But lets be honest, I passed out, and not for the whole night & sure as hell not a good sleep. Up every few hours & terrible dreams!

The last few nights are the best sleeps I have had in 3 yrs, no lie! Sober, & real REM sleep! Wake up a 7am & don't feel like I am wiped for the day already.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

I would suggest volunteering your self at the closest AA meeting, or just going. Get involved. That would make you have something to get up for, bonus is there is free coffee there! That would help keep you up.
anything longer than 10 hours is unhealthy, IMO.
Today I got off work early came home and took a nap, I was very tired but I had a meeting I had to go to at 5:30 I got up and went. I had a great meeting and some great Japanese food after.
Don't use sleep to keep you from drinking, after quitting it is important to design how your life is going to be without alcohol. By sleeping you are training your body to sleep unless it has alcohol, that is only going to drive your Psyche in to a greater need for it. again IMHO. (I am no doctor)