Notices

Feels good to have let go

Old 02-06-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feels good to have let go

Mid afternoon on day three, I feel this time round I have finally let go, admitted I am addicted, and whilst I dont feel the need to shout it from the rooftops, I really dont care who knows anymore.... As long as I continue to recover I dont feel the need to lie or pretend, and it feels really good x
Old 02-06-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's so good that you finally let go. It's helped me to get it out there and off my chest. I haven't felt the need to to shout it from the rooftops as long as I can admit to myself and to others who understand. My family knows that I have the problem, but don't really understand the problem, so it's no use trying to talk to them or say anything to them. But congratulations on letting it go and good luck with continuing to recover.
Wes
Old 02-06-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand you so much. I was so sure that I 'kind of maybe possibly' had a little weeny problem but could, of course, deal with it and ration my drinking...this time, I know i can't, what's the point of pretending?

There is no way I can drink again, even though I still feel I want to - I've tried cutting down, and I can't. Full Stop.

Lets do this together :ghug3
Old 02-06-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go Iriss..Isn't it a relief (it sure feels like it reading your message)!
Old 02-06-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

I agree. Some people don't want to tell anyone they have a drinking problem and are quitting to solve it but I tell almost everyone I know even remotely. It cements my commitment to stop in my mind because I know most don't think I will be able to do it.
I am almost certain that there is a pool ay the bar I used to go to as to when I will fail.
It is too bad that nobody will ever win it.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mma

I am still trying to learn what to do with my time. Thank you all for all the great ideas. I feel wonderful and blessed to have found this site!