A little update

Old 02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little update

Even though I don't post here much anymore I still read the forums often. So many of you took time out of your day to respond to any questions I had and hopefully my absence was not taken as my not being appreciative.

Some days it feels like so much in my life has changed and yet other days it feels like nothing has changed.

I have and am still learning to set boundaries in my life, not only with my abf but also with my adult sons. I've pretty much stepped aside in regards to trying to fix everyone else s problems and while it still feels strange for me to do that, I also am learning the only one I'm really responsible for is myself.
I figure if a "train" wreck is gonna happen I don't want to be in the way.

I'm learning to do things for myself, and if there is someplace I want to go and abf doesn't want to go, even if it means going alone, I will. In the past I would have just not gone and done whatever he wanted to do.

Baby steps for me, but still steps in what I feel is the right direction.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Sounds like positive motion to me Summer.

I'm thinking a lot about the why's, the reasons for my bad decisions that got me in this mess with my AH. I'm not going to make any moves until I get that figured out.

I've been busy too, though feeling pretty stuck. Not being able to find a job is very very depressing for me. I'm working my butt off doing what I can to make some money, but it's not much I'm afraid. Which is why I haven't been here - been busy!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm growing

that sounds like great progress!