Notices

I think we are getting a roommate?!

Old 02-05-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think we are getting a roommate?!

And it might not be good. You see he lived with us a yr ago. after his divorce. Well I set him up with a girl at my work & they have been dating about a year & a half. (Unfortunately I did not know she was a nut!)
Well fast forward a yr & hubbys friend & this girl start having real problems, that he says revolve around the fact that she gets drunk every night, says mean, stupid stuff. Everything from "you don't love me, I'm going to kill myself, How come you don't want to ge married again" (Gee, can't imagine why he doesn't want that with her?)

Anyhow he has become so depressed about it, that he is also drinking daily, & also on Meds from his Dr because of his depression. He wants out really bad. Hubby & I discussed & I agreed he could come back again. But nothing has been set in stone.
Apparently he text hubby last night & said he wants to stay at our house tonight & figure some things out.

Don't get me wrong, he is a nice guy, even when hes drinking.
My problem is I can pinpoint my Excessive drinking to when he started hanging out here regularly a couple yrs ago. & when he lived here him & hubby spent lots of time drinking & sitting in the garage or palying video games. I felt left out & used the excuse if they are drinking, so can I.

I KNOW this is going to be a trigger for me. I am glad I have a couple weeks under my belt, but I bet I will be here ALOT to try to not think about.

I know I will tell my husband he needs to have a balance & remember that his friends is a "roommate" not someone he has to entertain all the time.

Wish me luck!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Will he have any restrictions/rules, like no drinking in your house? I'd want him to not have alcohol in my house, if it were me.

:ghug3
Old 02-05-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Yep, your house, your rules. My house is alcohol free, no matter what. It has to be my 'safe place'!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree totally with the No Drinking in the house rule!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yep.. if your sobriety is #1 (it is for ME) then NO BOOZE in the HOUSE!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Disaster. I would say no to the whole thing. He is a big boy let him find someone elses house to stay at. Sorry if that sounds mean but you probably have enough on your plate without another alcoholic in the house.