OOOH! What a night!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"Taking the risk to blossom"

OOOH! What a night!

Last night was pretty drama filled around my house. As I have said here before, my AH is living downstairs and I'm living up until he can find an apartment (I'm still not sure he is really looking).

My daughter is going on a very much needed trip with her aunt and uncle to Florida tomorrow (it's-30 celsius here today so lucky her!!). This is my 16 year old and she has been having trouble absorbing all that is going on around her and is very angry at her father.

About 2 weeks ago, she had asked him if he could give her a bit of spending money for her trip. He said 100-200 (which I told her not to count on -- should keep my mouth shut, I know). He was mad because it's the only time she has really talked to him in the past month and she "only talks to me when she wants something". She is sixteen, they really are about themselves and I think I could take some lessons from her!

Anyway, when she asked him again last night, he said to get it from me and he would pay me back!!! I was so mad and made some not nice comments to him (I wish I could be less reactive - I'm getting better but sometimes it takes over me). She actually came down at that time and I went upstairs and I could hear her screaming at the top of her lungs -- very hurtful things. She used language that I don't approve of her using and said awful, hateful things -- she was raging. I stayed out of it. I can't say that I didn't feel "a bit" of satisfaction from it (sick eh?)

My daughter and I talked about it this morning. I asked her what she was hoping to accomplish when it happened. She said that she didn't want anything from him and didn't expect any kind of response. She felt some remorse but felt she needed to get her feelings out. I am sure he is FURIOUS about it.

She is leaving for a week tonight and I wondered, do I intervene in any way or do I STAY OUT OF IT? (as I type, I think I know the answer but would appreciate any comments/suggestions)